OK, imagine this

Discussion in 'Competition Camaros' started by Marv D, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Marv D

Marv D Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Devils own training ground,,, aka Arizona
    No it's not 1963 and the Prostock final, but it damn sure felt like it

Second time trials at the Team race last week. Left lane is a all white 1963 shoebox Nova, Right lane is a red 1964 shoebox Nova (that some of you may know)
    Because it's time trials we have a heads up tree, and both of us are taking shots at the tree for qualifying points. I go red first with -0.003, He goes red 0.002 seconds later with a -0.001

Now check out the times and intervals.

http://www.small-block-chevy.com/images/TF2TT2.pdf

I have NEVER had such a close run from end to end. He was stuck right there outside my window. I kept expecting him to fade, or to show me some big top end HP or something. But he was just THERE,, wouldn't go away!!!! LMAO.
    Amounts to I crossed 0.005 before him,, outperforming him by 0.003 seconds and 0.04mph,,, I didn't care if I went another round or what. I'd just had the race of a lifetime!

2. HOLESHOT

HOLESHOT Veteran Member

nice close race...how was the track heard they redid some of it

3. jakeshoe

jakeshoe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That is a killer run Marv.
    I had a similar run with a late model Vette in my Chevelle a few years ago. I think I lost by .002 seconds

4. rscamaro73

rscamaro73 Administrator Staff Member

Still got it, ehh? :crazy:

5. Marv D

Marv D Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Devils own training ground,,, aka Arizona
    HOLESHOT They are going to close Firebird this summer to redo ALL the paving (its concrete to 900' or so is good), top end is still pretty 'exciting' . What happened was the vender of the traction compound mis-mixed the glue and it was lifting up bare spots all the way down the track. Chuck and Company did a really great job of totally stripping the track, then had the gambonie out dragging it 8+ hours a day every day for a week before the team race. It's still not the track it once was, but it's a hell of a lot better than it was for the division opener (that was so bad they canceled it)

Just got an e-mail that Speedworld is still under construction this weekend so we are going to have green tracks all over AZ!!!!!

6. Mwilson

Mwilson Veteran Member

Awesome Marv, sounds like one to talk about for a lifetime!

7. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

So you build two red boxes, white washed one and trying to make us think someone ran that close to you. Ain't gonna work..... :)

I don't run near that time but always bugs the crap out of me with car glued to my side. Either lead, follow, or get out of the way.

8. vegas1974z28

vegas1974z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Isnt it weird when you hear their exhaust tone and yours......kinda spooky, like whatis going on with my car...

9. fuzzy dice

fuzzy dice Veteran Member

That is one close race!...I had my closest ever a few weeks ago...first round elims of a Summit Super Series event...my opponent backs into me and gives up the stripe...I win by......... .00007 ...someone figured out it was the thickness of a dime and nickel....

Of course, the next round I gave back the stripe with one good whomp by .007...