Post up your "big wheeled" cars...AKA...17's or larger AND ADD YOUR BACKSPACING INFO!!!!!

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by CarNDrvr, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Pro71bird

Pro71bird New Member

AR TT II's
    Fronts 17"x 8" 4.75" BS - 245's
    Rears 17"x 9.5" 5.5 BS - 275's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  2. C4Racer

C4Racer Veteran Member

What tires ?

3. Pro71bird

Pro71bird New Member

Falken Azenis 615K for Autocross
    Nitto NT01 for Road Course / Track Days

4. C4Racer

C4Racer Veteran Member

Nice. Does the car see any street time? I’m debating tires right now. My car is 80pct street but motor makes 500ft lbs so traction is a problem. Will see a few track and autox days. I was going to get conti sports but now leaning towards a 200 rated tire instead for a chance at traction on street and don’t want a second set for track. Car is driven nice days only and less than 4K a year

5. Pro71bird

Pro71bird New Member

The car is street legal and driven to all the events I run, never trailered, as that's part of the enjoyment of owning the car. I would recommend 200 TW tires however the 17" tire selection is becoming more limited so 18" wheels is something you may want to consider.

6. C4Racer

C4Racer Veteran Member

Ya eventually I will likely switch to 18” - for now I can find 245/275 17s.

I’d like to run something larger out back 315” probably and maybe a 255-265 up front so when or if I go there I would move to 18s.

7. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

question. I've got a factory 70 12 bolt rear. Im going to send to to get built, they want to cut the ends and put ford "big" bearing retainers on it. Should i get them to shorten it 1 inch? Will that allow a bigger rear tire, or should i accomplish the bigger tire with offset?

8. cbeasley

cbeasley Veteran Member

Does anyone know if the Pontiac rims from newer gto etc. Will work on second gen camaro. 1980 camaro to be exact. The rims are 18's

Attached Files:

9. weiland2

weiland2 Member

Here's my setup, which I found early in my search for wheels but kept looking for 3 years for a cheaper wheel. I just couldn't find anything that I liked nearly as much as these wheels, so I broke down and broke the bank. I could not be happier with my decision, worth every penny for this look. Last wheels I'll ever have on this car.

Rushforth Night Trains
    Fronts: 18x8 w/ 5" bs
    • Custom Works 2G lowering springs
    • 245/40R18 Sumitomo HTR ZIII rubber
    • Had some slight rubbing on the front in hard cornering after installing the lowering springs. Some metal massaging of the fender wells took care of that.
    • First picture is before the lowering springs
    Rears: 18x10 w/ 5.75" bs
    • Stock springs
    • 285/35R18 Sumitomo HTR Z-III rubber
    • No rubs at all

Before lowering springs:
    [​IMG]

After lowering springs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GoldenOne7710 likes this.
  10. willem

willem Veteran Member

anyone ever tried 18x9's on all fours? i have em in the rear and will probably have to get 4 same wheels to pass future stricter technical inspections.. i dont think there'll be any rubs up front but if anyone knows for sure...