Post up your "big wheeled" cars...AKA...17's or larger AND ADD YOUR BACKSPACING INFO!!!!!

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by CarNDrvr, Mar 9, 2009.

1. thesalboy

thesalboy Veteran Member

I PMed Ls3Rs the same sentiment and questions, then went ahead and got one. Very happy. Had been eyeing the OER 2 3/4" hood, but was worried about too much rise...

[​IMG]

ESR SR12s:

F: 18"x9.5" / +22mm/6.11" - 12mm/.47" spacer = 5.64" effective backspace / 275/35R18
    R: 18"x10.5" / +22mm/6.61"- 20mm/.79" spacer = 5.82" effective backspace / 315/30R18

Haven't driven the car, but see this thread for similar specs. I haven't put any camber in the front yet, but will do -1* or -1.5*, and it should clear fine even after I lower it a bit (and use button-head Torx bolts for inner fender). I cut the inner lip off and slightly flared the rear wheel openings - the rear will settle a bit more once the car is complete and after some time as the (PTFB Comp) leafs are brand new.

I really wanted 315 out back. Worst case, I'll move the fronts to the rear and get 8.5" / 245 or 255 for the front, which should fit no worries at all, even slammed.

70ZED, AvengerMedic and SPG like this.
  2. dutch73camaro

dutch73camaro Veteran Member

what you guys think about aodhan ds02 18x10.5

i really like it but maybe to much ricer.

3. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

[​IMG]Finally found a rim I like , Forgeline JO3C , now need to figure out the correct spacing, and yes, I lack imagination, HAA HA

70-camaro, roadrace2 and shanghai Kid like this.
  4. jvle95

jvle95 Veteran Member

Love that wheel. I too lack imagination. It just seems right on our cars. If I had deep pockets those would be with me.

5. Crazy4camaro

Crazy4camaro Veteran Member

Those would look good on my 70 TA.

6. QUAKE_WARS

QUAKE_WARS Veteran Member

No portion may be used with or without permission
    WOW look like the Z28 style!!

dave@ztech likes this.
  7. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hi, I know this question will get a lot of back and forth, I went to order the rims, and the guy is saying that I should look at the 9.5 in the rear instead of the 10 inch , I think that a 18x10 with a 5.75 backspace will fit the 71 Camaro rear space, I am having a rearend build , however, it will be stock width , these rims , the ones I posted, you can change out the barrel for about 300 so if I go with a mini tub, later, then I can go wider , anyways, will a 18 x10 with a 5.75 BS fit, with just a tap tap tap on the seatbelt humps, I look forward to your answers,
    Thanks

8. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

From my experience a 10 inch in the rear requires your fenders to be rolled, but I have no issue with the wheel rubbing. I have 4.25" back spacing though and they barely don't rub

dave@ztech likes this.
  9. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

You have 4.25 backspacing with a 10 inch wide wheel?

10. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

Unless the product page is completely wrong.....yes

I'm running a 15inch rim if that matters, my tires are pretty fat though (275/60/15) so I might not have big rims, but the tire size certainly fills up the rear.

If this info sounds completely wrong I'm sorry, I'm just going off spec sheets that I have of what I've bought.