Project code name - Never Satisfied

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 1981LT1, Jan 7, 2017.

Shaved Door Handles?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2017.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. 1981LT1

1981LT1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Since I am at a decent stopping point on the car while I wait for parts to arrive, I have been working my bathroom that I starting demo'ing about 8 months ago. I finally got my swatches from TMI today so I can finally go to the paint store and get the interior paint to get my stuff to match the new seats. I baught a lot of parts on Saturday so once they arrive I can get back on putting the finishing touches on everything. I am also planning on dropping off my rear seats, dash, and console to get some quotes to get them covered in the same material as my seats. The only thing I am struggling with is my door panels. Since I originally had my speakers mounted in my doors, and I really don't want to cut holes in my brand new doors, I need to figure out how to build up my original door panels and then take to get them covered, or do I attempt to cover them myself?

2. thesalboy

thesalboy Veteran Member

3. 1981LT1

I've seen that thread before. That is something I am thinking of doing.

4. 1981LT1

Looks like I got the parts I ordered last week (I haven't dug through the boxes yet). I was able to get my new tail light lenses installed tonight. Unfortunately, I forgot I am still missing my reverse light bulbs so I can't completely cross that them off the list yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 1981LT1

And here are the new ones...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dave@ztech and hubedobeedo like this.
  6. 1981LT1

I'll get some pics of them installed tomorrow when I have some decent lighting.

7. 1981LT1

Here are the new tail light lenses installed. Some of you may notice I upgraded to the Z28 option. I think the black ties in nicely with the black trim around the windows and the black headlight trim up front.

[​IMG]

roadrace2, 80sz and hubedobeedo like this.
  8. 1981LT1

This month is turning out to be quite expensive! All of the interior and exterior trim pieces I bought rang in at about $1500. On top of that, I have made the decision to get rid of the FiTech system and will be replacing it with the GM Performance LS3 controller kit (here). I was originally going to use the GM kit but for some reason I thought the FiTech system would be better. I was completely wrong. I don't want to publicly announce why I am utterly disappointed with the fitech setup (you can pm me if you want the details), but lets just say it's a cheap system for a reason. It's a good system if you literally want to plug it in a do absolutely nothing with it. Unfortunately, I am not that way and I want to be able to dig deep in the tune and squeeze everything out of it. And, I really wanted to use the GM drive by wire system which fitech doesn't support either. So, after another $1400 spent today (I was able to use my buddies employee discount), and whatever the interior shop is going to charge me to redo the rear seats, dash, and console, I think my credit card company is going to really like me :)

9. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Did you consider the Holly system? Keith at Custom Works, swears by that system,says you can tune it easier then the GM system.

10. 1981LT1

I did look at Holley but the cost was higher than I wanted. Obviously, that is no longer the case but not much I can do about that now.