Project code name - Never Satisfied

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 1981LT1, Jan 7, 2017.

Shaved Door Handles?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2017.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. thesalboy

thesalboy Veteran Member

In the end, with software like HPT you'll be where you want to be, not wishing.

2. 1981LT1

1981LT1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Precisely.

3. 1981LT1

I've been working on some house project so I haven't been doing too much to the car. I have been ordering more parts, and since I am switching to the GM system, I had to remount my computer and fuse box. As luck would have it, the ECM mounted in the exact location as my FiTech bracket. I also had to buy a drive by wire throttle body and 4" intake tube. I am waiting for the TB to come in but I have the intake tube and I have mounted by new ECM and fuse box. I also ordered my rear seats and new dash pad. Once they come in I can paint them and mount them and start getting the interior trimmed out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dave@ztech likes this.
  4. 1981LT1

This took me 2 freaking days to get right! First, the bracket was too flimsy, then it was angled wrong, then it was too close to the trans tunnel. In the end I got it...

[​IMG]

5. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Did you do what we all do .If its not right we fix it so it is .Even if we have to make our own.

6. 1981LT1

I got my new dash in last week but since I was out of town I haven't been able to work on the car until this past weekend. I got all of the dash and most of the dash trim painted. What you can't see is the rediculous way Vintage Air routes their duct work. I kind of miss the factory molded plenum. I'm not 100% sure I'm in love with the color. I think it needs to be a little darker but I'll wait until I get the new in to make the final decision.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 1981LT1

It's been quite a while since I have posted anything. I really haven't been able to do much due to work and vacation and no parts. I have mounted my front seats and got the rear seats loosely mounted to the frames to take them to the upholsterer to get trimmed down to fit between the minitubs. There really isn't anything exciting to show right now. I still don't have my replacement throttle body. I order it from Texas Speed on June 28 and finally told them to refund the purchase just over a week ago so I could find another vendor. I have installed my seatbelts and ordered my stereo equipment and a few other interior trim parts so now I am waiting for parts again. I snapped a few pics today of the front seats and dash to show that I am actually doing stuff. I was worried the dash would be too light but the color matches the seats almost perfectly. I am going to keep the lower half of the car brown, and everything above the doors will be black. You may notice the quarter panel trim is painted and installed but that is as far as I can get right now until I get my seats modified and my speakers installed. I need to get one more electrical part for my gauges so that is why those are still not connected.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

71RSLS and dave@ztech like this.
  8. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Looks comfy

9. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

That is looking super nice!

10. 1981LT1

Well I must say I am never going to use Texas Speed again. I mentioned I ordered my throttle body on June 28 and had to cancel my order at the end of July. Unfortunately, they took my money but couldn't be bothered to tell me the part wasn't available. After two weeks of waiting I called and they told me they were waiting for the parts to return to from the powder coater and they couldn't give me shipping status. Two weeks after that same story so i cancelled. I found a company called LSXextreme and had the part delivered inside of a week, and about $100 cheaper. From what I can tell it's a super quality piece of machined billet and black anodized.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

71RSLS likes this.