Project Deadpool

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 70Chev, Jan 1, 2015.

1. 70Chev

70Chev Veteran Member

So, I've been unimpressed with my Holley 600 vac secondary carby since the day I got the car. Considering a tune is in excess of $500 nowadays I have been looking for a while now at the throttle body fuel injection systems that are available and have been on the market for some time now.

So, I bit the bullet and sprung for the Go Efi 8 kit by FiTech. Can handle up to 800HP which will be more than enough for my application (for now [​IMG]), and give me some room for future developments.

Fitech.jpg

Fitech 2.jpg

Will be doing the install in a couple of weeks so I'll post up some photos and comments on how it goes if anyone is interested.

Darren

71RSLS likes this.
  2. MP81

MP81 Veteran Member

Please do, I've been looking at this myself - especially if I decide to do heads and cam on the little 305 to hold me over until the LS swap down the road.

A friend of mine has an '84 Scottsdale with a 305 and its gotten to the point where he crossed the point of no return and screwed his carb up enough the truck won't run properly. He bought the FITech and is installing it on that, and hopefully will solve the issues he's had for so long.

3. Lars_2Gen

Lars_2Gen Veteran Member

I'd also like to see updates and progress on the Fitech. I have a new Carter AFB going on my 327 now, but if I have much trouble tuning it, I will probably just make the jump to EFI.

4. 70Chev

70Chev Veteran Member

So, I started the first bit of work on the fuel injection install on the weekend. I installed the surge tank/fuel pump. The tank/pump gets fed from the original manual fuel pump and has an electric pump inside to increase the fuel pressure that is then fed to the FI throttle body. This way I didn't have to modify my tank or fuel lines or mount an inline fuel pump.

I had previously relocated the battery to the boot and was looking for an un-intrusive place to locate the surge tank. I decided to cut a hole in the area where the battery used to be and to mount the surge tank with the bottom half located through the hole. That way, it is out of the way and still allows free flow of air into the cold air induction intake. Have done as much pre-wiring and fuel hose routing as possible and will finish the install off next weekend.

FI 1.jpg

FI 2.jpg

FI 3.jpg

FI 4.jpg

FI 6.jpg

Will post up more when I finish the install next weekend.

Darren

71RSLS likes this.