Project Old Soul 71 build

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by C4Racer, Oct 26, 2018.

1. C4Racer

C4Racer Veteran Member

Will do !

Scott Sievers likes this.
  2. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

That looks like a super nice car to start with! The new exhaust looks really nice too!

3. C4Racer

C4Racer Veteran Member

Update on shipping the last peices needed for exhaust. Getting parts tomorrow to keep moving. Can’t wait !

4. Scott Sievers

Scott Sievers Veteran Member

heheh Its like christmas when you see the truck pull in your drive... do you RUN OUT to meet the delivery guy? Or be COOL and wait till he leaves to run out the door?

5. C4Racer

C4Racer Veteran Member

Exactly ! Every time too !! Ha!

6. OldDog

OldDog New Member

Both cars are beautiful and thanks for sharing. On the '71, what size tires are you running on front and rear?

7. C4Racer

C4Racer Veteran Member

255-45-17 on 17x8 front
    295-45-17 on 17x9.5 rear

Fronts are 26” tall. Rear 26.5”

I can’t find any regular performance street tires in 295-17. Found 2-3 options with a 285-40 which is a 26” tire and matches front size better.

So likely will go that route.
    Current rear tires are MT drag radials.
    The tires on the car are at least 9 years old. In good shape considering. The car has clearly been garaged. But still time to change them.

Looking at contisports

8. camaro71/holland

camaro71/holland Veteran Member

That's one of my top ten Camaro's around. Was owned by a forum member as well. He helped me with the wheel size/BS and now I have exactly the same wheels as you have. Also sent me some pictures of the shocks which are moved to the inside.

Beautiful car with a beautiful stance as is in my opinion. Congratulations with the purchase :bowtie:

9. C4Racer

C4Racer Veteran Member

Oh that’s great he was a member here. Marc. Car has had two owners since then before me.

I am pretty impressed with how well the car was put together overall.

10. C4Racer

C4Racer Veteran Member

Exhaust is installed!! I had to use one of the original collector connectors which is slightly angled because the straight one pushed the exhaust up too much and left no clearance at the trans crossmember. I'll re-address that when I change the transmission - for now this will work.

Sounds great! Much mellower and very deep and throaty and just enough quieter where you can actually hear the fuel pump over the engine outside the car. I mean - don't get me wrong, it's not exactly quiet per-se. Seems about what I was looking for. I still haven't added the 12" "tailpipe" sections - will leave it this way for some test drives and check things out.
    Didn't hear anything hitting the body and have 1/2" clearance or more in most places so should be good.

I did take a video - will try posting that when I get a chance to upload it to my computer.