Question about harassment or threats

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 72BIGBLOCK, Mar 26, 2017.

1. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

not sure what to call it but I guess you can say it's a threat... So I need some input in how to handle something that happened yesterday

Here's how it started, a few years back I went to get a loan for a home and this loan officer wasted my time and I lost my inspection money about 400 dollars and I lost the house because of a mistake he made after he assured me everything was going well... so long story short I lost the house because of him and 400 in inspection so I posted a bad review about his service and what he did to me (I ended up getting a house somewhere else and got the loan no problem but I went with another loan officer)

So yesterday at work I see a guy looking at me and after a few hours he comes up to me and tells me "hey do you remember me ? You gave me a bad review" I said okay I'm not sure who you are but okay refresh my memory.. he tells me enough info to remind me and I said oh yeah I did and do you remember why ? He replies with " I'm not going to do anything because your at work but if I see you anywhere else it's on " I replied with really ? And he walked away

So my question is... how would you handle this ?
    He works for a pretty large bank and he uses my personal info to who knows maybe find me ? or maybe it was coincidence but who knows ?
    Should I go speak to his work because now I don't trust this guy with my personal information or should I go to the authorities and put this on file in a report? I know the pen is mightier than the sword so how would you handle it? I was thinking of sending him and email and explaining to him that if he would've simply apologize for his mistake and owned up to it I would've remove the review but I don't even know if that's what I should do now because of what happened

Thanks

2. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

You can always "Lawyer Up".And go from there.

3. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

I'd let it go, sounds like he was there as a coincidence. Leave sleeping dog's lie, besides he probably feels better now that he got to cuss you out. He has closure. If you see himagain, then I would certainly take action. Jmho ....

Bandit723 likes this.
  4. camarolife78

camarolife78 Veteran Member

I would contact his employer and speak to the highest you can get in the management chain and let them know that this one employee is acting out in such an unprofessional way. Just speak it as calmly as possible and state out your concerns. This has worked for me in the past...

70rs00z28 and Zstar like this.
  5. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Not sure if you know anybody in law enforcement but if you do, ask them if you were to make a formal report if they would have to follow through with pulling this guy in for an interview for his side of the story. If the guy is a nut that can escalate it. It would be nice to have a formal record at the police so that if there is another confrontation they know it wasn't an isolated incident and there is a record. This would be good evidence in court if you have to "actively defend" yourself. If you don't have a gun permit, it may be a good time to look into it. Anybody that comes back this much later probably has issues and can't move on.

Zstar likes this.
  6. larrylarry

larrylarry Veteran Member

Without some kind of proof that he stalk you not much could be done. I'd be pissed!! Going to his employer they might just show you the front door. Being cooler heads prevail I'd email him telling him nicely " your a ****ing Neanderthal for hunting me down & loosing 400.00 wasn't a good thing for you to do to me but nicely though. At least reported to the police just in case poo happens to cover your ass. But really if he took the time to come find you he definitely has a problem. If he knows where you live now might look into a night vision game camera for your house.

7. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Going to his employer won't do much for your benefit. They would look at it like you were creating the issue, unless he has a history of this with others or is just an ******* at work and they are looking to dump him. He will deny it and it will be a he said-he said type of thing. If they DO can him because of this, than expect all hell to break lose.

8. The Chucker

The Chucker Veteran Member

I'd at least write a letter to the bank's personnel department. Better yet, do it in an email so there is a digital record. Nothing may happen to him as a result, but if something happens to you, there's a record. You never know.

Zstar likes this.
  9. lumpy12

lumpy12 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

He just threatened you. I'd file a police report. Then if something happens, you already have the documentations started. Also, you don't know what his record is like so talking with a cop might give you some clues.
    I'm not sure about contacting him to try to smooth things out, maybe, but maybe not

10. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

^^^Contact the police and send an email to HR dept. CYA.