Questions: fuel tank/pump for LS conversion

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by daniel76309, Jan 28, 2009.

1. 1FSTLS1

1FSTLS1 Veteran Member

You want to sell me that tank??? Looks like a nice ride.

[​IMG]

In that picture where did you get that elbow and air filter I need something like that for my setup?

2. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

What are you guys and your noisy fuel pumps running? I have run several Walbro 255 LPH EFI pumps inline, the current one even being under the hood, and they are near-whisper quiet. They are a little on the expensive side, but well worth how quiet they are.

3. reedld

reedld Veteran Member

mine is a Bosch 044...I do want to go with a Walbro 255 ...but rather than buy another inline...I am leaning towards the intank version. You do got me thinking though! Could you possibly post a video of the fuel pump when the key is on? One of the biggest complaints of the Bosch is when I am slowing down...and at a full stop...I hear it whine. If the Walbro is as quiet as you say...I could turn an all day project into a 30 minute swap! thanks..

Leon

4. reedld

reedld Veteran Member

The guy I bought the car from got it on ebay...votionspeed is the name. I was going to rebuild my 80 with the LS1 etc. It had been sitting for ~12 years in my garage. I came across this car..basically complete minus the interior, but with all the parts. I absolutely love the car...I plan on redoing my air intake in the near future. I want to mount the shaker to the engine..and eventually route the air tube to the shaker. thanks for all the compliments!

Leon

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  5. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I can definitely do this, look for a PM from me on Friday or Saturday. this is the 3rd Walbro 255 high pressure inline I have run and my cars are not loud and the pumps are super quiet. Quieter than the in tank OEM pump in my truck, in fact, by a lot.

6. reedld

reedld Veteran Member

thank you Sir! I did a brief google search...many people do mention the significant amount of noise with the Bosch...

7. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

AVOID WALBRO!!!! They suk. I've been thru 2 "in the tank" 255's and hvae less than 40 hr run on both of them. BUY the NEW AEROMOTIVE 111-40 or 41 or 42 per application. Its a little bit more$$$ but much more efficient 340 lph and is THE SAME SIZE as the walpuke pumps.

Attached Files:

8. firebird_ta79

firebird_ta79 New Member

I took a different route , I'm replacing all the gauges in my car so I decide to modify my tank to hold the stock LS pump and sender. I got the pump free when I bough my engine and trans and I got the top of the tank for free from the wreckers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not the prettiest weld ever but it does not leak. To make sure that I don't get any rust I used a can of POR15 tank sealer .

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2011
  9. sbca96

sbca96 Veteran Member

What did you use for baffling, to control fuel slosh?

Tom

10. firebird_ta79

firebird_ta79 New Member

I did not add any baffling to the tank. the "sock"of the pump sits in the deepest part of the tank and pumps of that design usually sit in non baffled tanks . I assume that being held to the bottom of the tank by spring pressure and the return going back into the "cup" is why they usually don't need them.