QuickJack Review

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by The Champ, Sep 29, 2019.

1. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

I would still use Jack Stands! People seem to like these Quickjacks, but to me they just don't look sturdy enough for me to get under one.

2. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

I am looking to get these to lift my car up so I can then place my wood stands I built to support the car. I like the idea of raising the car with the quick jacks at one time rather than driving on blocks of wood, and putting 2 pieces of 2x4 on my jack, to jack the car up and put my stands under the tires.

3. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

They really aren't. The photo with the Camaro below is a worst case scenario as I was only worried about access to detailing the rims - so I just left them wherever - you see the two hydraulic hose that go from the power unit, the power cord and the electical power cord in this photo.
    Camaro 4.jpg

Notice how much "cleaner" it looks when I was planning to get underneath the vehicle from the front. There is enough hose I could have made a much wider approach area, but it wasn't needed.

Equinox.jpg

To KD's point of not being able to access from the side, in this configuration, he's 100% correct. But if that was going to be a problem, I can put the lifts east/west vs north/south and have wide access from the sides. And it is just as safe that way as in the north/south configuration. Here's a video where they discuss using the QuickJack in that manner:

As far as using jack stands - this is so much more stable than jack stands IMHO. Because the lift points on each side are connected, it's like you'd have to get both jack stands to fail simultaneously instead of just one. But a person could put jack stands under too, if they felt it necessary. Just like a full height lift though, you'd have to get taller jack stands.