QuickJack?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by BonzoHansen, Aug 14, 2019 at 2:01 PM.

1. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

2. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member

Don't see using that jack vs. a good floor jack and quality jack stands. Using the Quick Jack you are limited to getting under the car from the front or rear not from the sides (not very useful on a trans swap), seems it would be in the way.

3. camarochevy1970

camarochevy1970 Veteran Member

not sure I trust one of those

4. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

That is an excellent price on that unit.

I've been seriously thinking of getting one myself. These are extremely stable - I'd trust it just as much as the old jack stands...

The lift height is 21.5 inches - and that's the tires being 21.5" in the air. Great for detailing rims on the car while sitting on a stool. Much easier to get underneath the car for us old farts for changing oil or other routine issues.

As far as a tranny swap goes - the added height would make working underneath easier. There's enough room to get the tranny in from the front or back without too much trouble.

And it's pretty easy to transport if you need to use it at a different location, too.

5. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

It doesn't seem much easier/faster than jack and jack stands to me. No way I'd get under it. Looks like a huge discount.

carr911 likes this.
  6. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Dave

You get under hoists everyday you're at work. These lock in a similar manner once the hydraulics raise it up.

7. Knuckle Dragger

That's like saying a Chevette is just like a Corvette.

This is what I get under everyday. https://mohawklifts.com/automotive-lifts/2-post-lifts/lmf-12-tp-16/

Notice some difference in the thickness of the steal, the locks and the hydraulic rams? Not even close to what Scott posted.

Dave Nelson likes this.
  8. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

I understand that a 16,000 - 18,000 pound lift is built with much heavier steel and much bigger hydraulic rams, but the QuickJack is a 7,000 pound lift designed for much lighter vehicles.

You're not supposed to put a fully loaded 1 Ton plumbers van on a 7,000 pound lift, are you??? ;)

9. Knuckle Dragger

Man you just can't get over it when someone disagrees can you?:) Comparing that lift to a good lift is just plain silly. It's no where near as strong or stable. The lock mechanism is a joke compared to what I use daily. If you want to crawl your azz under that thing by all means buy one, enjoy it, brag about it, but it's not anywhere close to what I use everyday and it's ridiculous to say they are.

The Mohawk 7000lbs lift: https://mohawklifts.com/automotive-lifts/2-post-lifts/a7/

Look at the pictures, pay attention to the steel thickness, look at the locking mechanism and tell me with a straight face they are the same thing. You'll make a fool out of yourself trying but I'm starting to think you'll disagree just to be disagreeable :eek:

Shizzle likes this.
  10. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

We looked at these for work a while back. They don’t appear to be badly built, But in my opinion I don’t really lift the car high enough to be useful. You can get a scissor lift for under $1000, a couple of two by sixes later and you’ve got a fully functional lift