Race Track Manners

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 1980RS, Aug 22, 2019.

1. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

So yesterday I decide to go to the track to test the Camaro again, picked out a spot setup and like always people start coming in and parking in various spot. Well, after about and hour here come a lot of late model vettes and newer camaro's then proceed to block me in and it got worse when I put the smack down on the track with one of the vettes. At one point I was unable to get out of my spot so we had some words and asked nicely to move their cars and have a little respect for racers. I also told them to park by the fence as there was more room there and that's what they did. The vette I almost beat had to use spray to beat me then I the guy came over to look at the car and told me that, man I laughed so hard I think he can still hear me as he walked away. I have never seen people act like this at the track before, the times they are changing.

2. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

I remember back in the day it was just motor. No spray or any of the add-ons like turbos and superchargers.
    Yes, the times are a-changing and not for the better I'm afraid. Everybody is just mad all the time and the stupidity along with the rudeness just creates a vicious circle.

EDIT: Spelling (-2)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  3. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

I had been out of the "car show' scene a while,but years of people watching I've noticed a lot of pack mentality,as when people get in a group now,they act out much worse or do things they would not normally do if by themselves.I honestly don't think they even know they're doing it.We frequent a cruise in and I watch a certain group and as the more members arrive the more unhinged it gets-not alcohol either.When only on or two there its fine but then oh boy!I'm not the only one who notices because they have their own area left for them by all the people who don't want to hear the M-F ing every second and yap yap that ensues.I'm no church boy and most gear heads are a bit above the norm on enthusiasum but I see this all over,tailgating,at the park,even at the 4th of july fireworks.People don't know how to behave in groups anymore-Later Steve!

4. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

Absolutely agree. Safety in numbers. There's also a degree of anonymity. Almost like the internet.

5. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

A few years ago, I had this girl want to crawl on my hood and have her boyfriend take a picture of her on it. I told her not just No but Hell No!!!