Rally Rim Caps

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by SPG, Nov 19, 2018.

1. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

Hey guys, my family (specially my dad and both granddads) have been begging me to keep my rally rims, I don't want them on my car because they don't go with my theme....but to keep them happy I will keep them and use them for track use only.

The rims are in good shape, but the cap is not...yes, one cap.
    Here it is
    [​IMG]
    2 questions
    1. What would be the best way to restore this? that black stuff is not dirt, it's missing chrome
    2. Where can I buy 3 more authentic caps? From what I was told when the car was bought, they were stolen (why didn't they just take all 4?) I understand these will be very expensive.

This is very low on my priority list since they won't be used often, but I'd like to keep an eye out for them.

2. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

If you are lucky enough to still have local swap meets in your area, look there. I still see nice caps show up occasionally at the swap meets, and when they do, I can usually get them for a very reasonable price.