rear glass manufactures

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by 73Z28LT, Jun 2, 2008.

1. 73Z28LT

73Z28LT Veteran Member

i'm looking for a rear tinted glass for my 73 z28. Finding the front one wasn't a problem but my windshield supplier is having trouble with the rear. Any help would be appreciated.

2. l16pilot

l16pilot Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 13, 2004
    Hurlock, MD, USA
    Most of the aftermarket suppliers offer rear glass for the 70-74 Camaro/F-bird...in both clear and tinted. Check with F-Body warehouse, who is an advertiser on this forum....but depending on your location, I would look for someplace close to minimize shipping charges.

3. jthomas

jthomas Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 5, 2007
    NorthCentral PA
    I got my rear tinted glass for my 70 Camaro from Classic Industries. Fit great and looks great. You can see a picture of it if you click on my public profile

4. protour73

protour73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 21, 2006
    West of Chicago
  5. 73Z28LT

73Z28LT Veteran Member

PS auto told me it would cost $275.00 NOT including shipping, and they are made overseas...wow....that seems alot especially something made overseas.:whine:

6. jthomas

jthomas Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 5, 2007
    NorthCentral PA
    Classic Industries is $230 plus shipping. Will fit with no problems. The PS Auto Glass site shows nice prices though.

Looks like you have a few good options.

7. Keizer

Keizer BANNED

Jan 17, 2005
    Wa State
    PS auto glass was the only place I could find that had the proper size side glass for my Camaro. Pilkington classics was too big, D&R classics was total garbage with the wrong shape. I'm sure Classic probably sells the same stuff as D&R.

I know you need the rear glass, so maybe that is ok from some of the other suppliers.