Rick's(Eckler) Camaro 1971-76 Reproduction Radio

Discussion in 'Car Audio, Electronics & Security' started by danbrennan, Jun 17, 2019.

1. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I just stumbled across this a few weeks ago, has anyone tried one? I need a new radio for my '74 Camaro, the 1980s Fujitsu 10 cassette player finally failed a couple of years ago. So I guess I'll have to upgrade.

I long ago gave away the original AM/FM radio that came with the car, so I kind of like getting one of these as a replacement. But I can't figure out who actually makes it.

https://www.rickscamaros.com/camaro...VionICh2wbg2zEAQYASABEgLqdfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

[​IMG]

2. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

It said it was imported. Unless it came from Japan, I'd stay away from it.

3. 70 Proof

70 Proof Veteran Member

I don't know who makes them but I do know that they are imported. Undoubtedly from Asia but who knows where ? China?

4. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  5. flht99b

flht99b Veteran Member

My experience with Rick's Camaro's parts is poor. I'd look elsewhere for a radio.

6. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

That radio looks a lot like the one Classic Industries and Classic Car Stereos has.
    I need a radio, too. I like the looks but I don't like the $640.00 price tag. Supposedly you don't have to cut your dash. I'm not going to do that anyway.

I'm thinking Retro Sound like Dave mentioned. I can get a nice stereo with a USB and some ultra-thin 6x9 3-way speakers for about the same price.

Classic Industries carries both stereos. The deal today is up to 15% off and free shipping for orders over $149. You can see that they are only giving 3.5% off the original looking stereo, but the full 15% off the Retro Sound.

87694 1971-76 Camaro AM/FM Radio with Black Faceplate, Black Bezel and Orange Lighting Standard Size In-Stock
    $639.99 ea
    -$22.40 ea
    $617.59
    *RL7002B 1970-81 Camaro / Firebird Long Beach Radio w/SiriusXM - Black Radio, Buttons, Bezel & Knobs Standard Size In-Stock
    $424.99 kit
    -$63.75 kit
    $361.24

dave@ztech likes this.
  7. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I would shop around , you can find better pricing, if you dig, compare model numbers and features, as the radios will look the same, however, have fewer options

8. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member

Find a used AM radio for your year car (doesn't have to work) and send it out to have it converted, it will still look 100% stock with all modern upgrades.

9. rchydzik

rchydzik Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I went through this a couple of years ago. If you decide to cut the dash for a DIN opening, you have a lot more options for a lot less money. If you don't want to cut the dash, you get another used dash and cut it up so you could always go back. Another option is to mount the DIN radio in your glovebox and use a blank faceplate where the radio was. with remote controls and such, this might work for you.

AJ_72 and dave@ztech like this.