Rocket Wheels

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by dcozzi, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Jeep43

Jeep43 Veteran Member

Sounds like CYA. DOT use isn't "light" by any means with curbs and potholes. There are plenty of racing wheels that are not DOT approved.

Kinda silly they say wheels in their "Track and Touring" series are not for track use.......

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

They are a small company...One issue being sued and they would probably have to close the doors. The first time I even heard of Rocket wheels was on GMG when they were a "buddy" of Richard Rawlings.

3. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I will not hold that against them.:D

4. C4Racer

C4Racer Veteran Member

I have them on my car. And I intend to take them out on the track. Not for hard-core track car duty, but HPDE type of driving with 200TW type of rubber. The strength numbers look very good. They are not light wheels by any stretch - a 18x10" wheel is about 25lbs. Similar to an OEM wheel in composition, strength and weight. I am confident in them for moderate track use. And yes the current factory Camaro wheels are cast aluminum - very similar to these in strength and weight.

[​IMG]

Zulu28 and dave@ztech like this.
  5. Zulu28

Zulu28 Veteran Member

Looks great and they fit the car!

6. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Damn! C4Racer, your car looks good!
    Now I think these with a gunmetal center may be the way to go. Hard to decide.:mad:
    clutch_bg.jpg

7. C4Racer

C4Racer Veteran Member

For those that want to see the actual numbers - this is from a post about 1 year ago on PT.com from Rocket:
    All of our Wheels are tested for street performance, SAEJ2530 - Radial, Cornering and Impact with load rating of 2,000 lbs per Wheel. These test standards are applied to automotive aftermarket wheels and standards are more aggressive than OEM Wheels.