Rotisserie Mounting ('73 Z28)

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by Jerry73Z28, Oct 21, 2019.

1. ZRODDER

ZRODDER Member

Did the early 70s Camaros use a bumper jack. I was thinking so, and no bodies were bent due to use I would guess. Unless the 73 has a weaker structure in the rear bumper mount than a 77 body, I used the rear bumper mounts in the body all the way until I was ready to start the car. I had to remove the front section to accommodate the engine and all additional items, but the rotisserie allowed me to maintain the height, and added safety. I did however keep blocks under the car throughout the 2 year period in cased of a failure. I had a 78 Camaro fall on me in 1987, and do not want to relive that experience again.
    upload_2019-10-24_11-7-47.png

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  2. ZRODDER

ZRODDER Member

Z1.jpg You can still see the rear in place, but also jacks and blocks. Please do not take any chances.

3. Jerry73Z28

Jerry73Z28 Member

Thanks so much for the tips!
    We got some bushings made up for the rear leaf spring mounting holes and got the car mounted on Wednesday. Just had to drill some holes into the adapters that came with the rotisserie. Worked like a charm!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]