RS Conversion

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by Madcow63, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Madcow63

Madcow63 Member

2. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

That kit doesn't look complete to me. It's missing the bumper fillers, along with the bumper brackets and braces. Also, the hood latch support.

3. CamaroDoc

CamaroDoc Veteran Member

I think they are assuming you already have the bumper fillers, bumper brackets, and the latch support since those pieces don't change between the two options...

4. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

Yeah, I agree with you Doc. I zeroed in on the word "complete" in the description and the pic. I thought wait a minute, there are parts missing, lol.

5. DrPepper

DrPepper Veteran Member

The short answer is Yes, I have. I'm putting a 71 RS clip on a 81 Z28. Some of the repop parts are usable, some not. The header and valance are horrible at best. I stupidly tried repop fenders and core support, they didn't fit. I did get a Goodmark hood that is a good fit. I finally bought OE fenders, header, core support, and valance. That was the only way I could get the clip to line up without doing Major surgery on the repop metal.
    And yes, they 'assume' you have lots of the miscellaneous pieces parts. It's NOT an all inclusive package.

6. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

I saw a car at a show a few weeks ago and it was obvious it was built out of repop parts. You could stick your thumb through some of the gaps. Not much effort was made to correct them. Just bolted together. The owner said "yep, that's how they made them back then".

f-body freak likes this.