Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by rustorbust, Nov 25, 2012.
Yea I have ordered a few hoses and things through them in the past.
Very nice James, looks like your almost there.
Getting a little closer. Lots of little knick knack stuff to finish up now. Painting, hoses and such.
Holy sh man that is lookin good.
looking great there!!!
how did you attach the coils to the valve covers?
and where did you get those upper control arms from?
The coils are attached just by simply drilling and tapping the valve covers. They have a small nylon bushing that is used as a spacer.
I think the control arms are from speedway. I just bought two threaded bushings and some threaded rod to weld in and replace the rubber bump stop on them so I can adjust the upward travel on the front end.
Not a whole lot of updates. I finished welding everything up and will drop off the piping this week to get the ceramic coating done.
But I picked up the gem below and it's been taking up some of my time. I've been wanting a fun street car for a while so this will be it. I Have a 5.3 with all ls6 stuff and a 4l80e to go in it.
Its been quite some time since I have updated my build thread here on my ride but I figured I would post up a few recent pictures. I have made quite a few changes to it and decided while I had it all apart I would go ahead and make all the changes to it that I had been wanting to do for a while hence taking so long to get it back together and racing it again. But after a bunch of time and money I can say its damn close. Just waiting on a few parts and I should be able to fire it up.
Added a air to water system and mounted the intercooler in the back seat of the car.
Updated a bunch of the wiring on the car and put an ARC 8 switch panel and relay system in that pretty much controls everything.
Realized that at some point I was going to need to start putting the car on a diet so I swapped out the factory steering column for a light weight aluminum setup. Factory column prob weight 40-50lbs and the new one weighs around 5lbs.
To also loose some weight I bought a race weight hood and deck lid from unlimited. Hood is all fitted and will be going out this week for some black paint and Ill probably get the deck lid fitted up at a later date.
With all the new found power the car should have I upgraded the rear studs to a 5/8 setup considering I was bending the 1/2" ones with the old motor setup. Ordered a new set up Champion Billet wheels for the rear too and they should be showing up soon.
Twin turbos sure take up a lot of space. If you drop a socket, it disappears into never-neverland. lol Car sure has come a long way since your first post.