Rustorbust's Turbo Big Block

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by rustorbust, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Turbo70Camaro

Turbo70Camaro Veteran Member Gold Member

James did your hood come in yet?

2. rustorbust

rustorbust Veteran Member

Yea, its at the shop and done. I was suppose to pick it up last weekend but got sick and didn't make it. Planning on getting it after work one day this week and hopefully getting it back on the car this weekend.

3. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

What an awesome build! It sounds great and I'm sure it will really haul now!

4. Turbo70Camaro

James ready for tomorrow???

5. rustorbust

Damn, sorry I didn’t get back to ya. For some reasons I’m not getting notifications from this site anymore, I’ll have to check into it.

I ended up going to Barona the local track to me, which I’m glad I did. I had some trouble with the tune and it would have sucked to drive all the way up to Fontana and not be able to get the tune figured out. I’m pretty sure I got the issue sorted out so Next go round I’ll probably take it up to Fontana. Possibly on the 17th.

All in all it was a successful outing even considering the car wasn’t running right. The ecu was adding and pulling a ton of fuel while under load which had the car run like crap and not really building any boost. Couldn’t even get it up on the 2 step on the trans brake. But, made 4 passes in total with no leaks, breaks or issues really. And let me tell you, twin s475’s are a lot louder than my old single especially with the A2W inside the car. Check out the video and you can hear it. You can also hear it surging really bad during the burnout and during the pass.

71RSLS likes this.
  6. rustorbust

Few photos as well

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

That does sound wicked in there! It is looking great. I'm sure it'll be flying once you get the bugs worked out of it!

8. Turbo70Camaro

No worries James you actually didnt miss much we got there around 10:30 and every other car decided to break, lots of downtime between cars but it was not packed but damn they move slow so we left around 2ish.

Many more events there so when you have it dialed in bring her down....

9. rustorbust

After noticing that the front tires were actually touching the downpipes while braking hard and I couldn't get the 4" pipes up high enough in the fenders I decided to redo the downpipes in aluminum and make them just a tad lighter, shorter and louder. They will exit in front of the tires now instead of behind.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also realized that loading my tools and all my crap from the garage to the truck and back when done racing for a weekend was not working for me anymore so I picked up an enclosed trailer below. Looking forward now to being able to go out of town racing and not having to worry about the car sitting on the open trailer over night. Been working on getting it tailored out to who I want it.

[​IMG]

71RSLS likes this.
  10. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

Very nice new trailer! I really want one to keep my Corvette in. I know a guy that had a 871 stolen off his hot rod in a parking lot at a movie theatre. It definitely would suck to come out of where ever and find your ride missing parts.