RYOBI shop vac on sale at Home Depot

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Smokin'Joe, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I am slowly turning into a RYOBI fan and this was my latest addition.

Not sure how long it will hold up to use, but this was on sale at Home Depot for $99 bucks. It's relatively small at 3 gallons, but is pretty compact and should store easily on a shelf. Comes with a 4 Ah battery and a charger. I got it home and tried it out with one of my 2 Ah batteries and am pretty impressed. Hopefully no more dragging out 2 extension cords to get to the back of the driveway. Felt like this was a smokin' deal at $99 with battery and thought I'd post up for any other RYOBI fans.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-1...-4-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-P3240SB/309831627

--

2. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Me too. I have the 1/2 impact, a work light and a fan all work good. They just came out with a 3/8 gun i want.

I also have the dust buster style vac, not recommended.

1980RS likes this.
  3. xten

xten Veteran Member

I'm turning into a fan too. Last year I bought a few of their tools, and they still work great. Didn't know I needed this shop vac till I saw this. Thanks for posting!

4. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

I bought my first Ryobi battery tools (it was a kit with screw guns, jig saw, circular saw, vac (worthless), chain saw) back in '06. Since then I've added a half inch impact wrench, hedge trimmer and finish nailer. The batteries all interchange except for the hedge trimmer.

5. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Oh yeah, i have a hedge trimmer too. Works great but uses its own battery.

6. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

My first was an 18v drill to replace my corded. Then came a 18v weed eater since I already had the batteries, then was the super "cheapie" leaf blower, which is actually my favorite as it's easy to grab and blow the leaves/debris out of the garage, then I saw the shop vac. - So far so good with all of them, the weed eater only gets about 1/2 way thru before it shuts down from thermal overload, then I go back to mowing and after it cools down, I can get the other 1/2. ( I thought it was battery related and bought a 6 Ah, but after researching, it turns out quite a few others had similar issues with my model ).

--

7. xten

xten Veteran Member

Everything I got has a 40V battery except the bug sprayer. It's 18V. I guess the vac will be the same battery as the sprayer? Looks the same

8. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

It's amazing how easy that blower is to use. Pretty strong too. I was impressed.

9. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Both impacts work fantastic and the 3/8" will take lug nuts off. My wife got me the 18V Compressor for X-mas and that little sucker works pretty good. My son got me the 1/8" 18V die grinder and it work very well also, does not use much battery power.

10. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Just bought these this week, knuckeldragger sent me a ryobi tool too! its up in my cabinet. Great for my motorcycle work. I am a massive ryobi fan, had nothing break and if it ever does, its cheap enough to just replace if its outside of warranty. I am just a consumer/DIY guy though. but ive put my stuff through a lot.

Honestly, the weirdest two favorites of mine are. The heat gun + hot glue gun. No longer being tethered to a wire is awesome for vinyl wrapping/and repairing things I break lol. the hot gun is amazing though.

If any of you are acquiring more than a couple batteries in the 18v series, buy the 6 supercharger. It charges/maintains and keeps them healthy. Haven't had a single issue with batteries, I just leave them on that charger 24/7 for the last 4 years almost. not a single lick of issue

Attached Files:

budro6968 likes this.