S.W. Indiana munchies.

Discussion in 'Bon Appetite - NastyZ Style' started by ol' grouch, Oct 7, 2019.

1. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

A local club has a Fall Festival every year. A lot of local non-profits have booths and sell food to make their operating budget for the year. Several booths sell the ever popular Brain sandwiches although I take pills to get rid of cholesterol so I don't partake. Fried stuff is really popular. If they can batter it, it gets fried. The fried stuff includes, but isn't limited to;
    Pickles
    oatmeal cream pies
    apples
    bacon
    brownies
    cauliflower
    cheese balls
    oreos
    green tomatoes
    kool aid
    snickers
    s'mores
    twinkies
    peanut butter and jelly
    klondike bars
    thin mints
    mushrooms
    ravioli
    hog jowls
    banana pudding
    and more.

One thing I don't see this year is fried butter. I guess even these old Germans can't handle that much fat. It was a stick of butter, battered and deep fried.

There is also a lot of stuff with really odd names, that aren't really accurate. Like Pigeon Poo.There's a LOT of inventiveness at work here. If you're in the area of Evansville through Saturday night, it runs all week.

There are also all sorts of rides as well as carnival booths to separate you from your money. They will let you try to win a 10 cent prize for the low cost of 50 cents. The police also make sure it DOESN'T get on the national news too.

Smokey15 likes this.
  2. ol' grouch

3. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Look around for some fried ice cream, saw it at the local apple festival. Probably good but I passed. Haven't seen any deep fried Twinkies lately though.

4. ol' grouch

They have deep fried Klondike bars. I've seen fried Eskimo pies in the past although I didn't see them this year.

5. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

They sell stuff like that at the Calgary Stampede and Exhibition held every summer, usually one or two really weird deepfried items every year. I've also seen some of those being sold at the Houston Livestock show and Rodeo as well.