?? safe unattended trickle charger 4 months

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chuck71RS, May 25, 2015.

1. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

there is one in my garage been on one for a long time now that i think of it lol

2. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Of course it probably won't be an issue, but I'd worry about leaving it on trickle with no one to look after it for months. I'd worry about the battery.

Then again, I'm also one to shut off my water heater and water when I go on vacation, and unplug just about everything, so...:D

3. Rick WI

Rick WI Veteran Member

Live on the edge Todd! Although I do the same to water and heater when on vacation. Something everyone should do "just in case".

4. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

^^^ you mean you COULD still leave the house for vacation and those things still be ON? :eek:

Damn.... i never new that. Some of the most basic things still caus ethe same problems they always hve due to MANY folks just don't do them anymore...."oh it's safe... when was the last time you heard of a dishwasher busting the hose, flooding the kitchen and catching fire due to the water shorting out the drive motor?" ..... HARDLY ever ...but the potential is there!

Charge the battery then Disconnect it, if it can't SIT for 4 months... you need another one anyway.