Saving a Gen II

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by DLY, Oct 9, 2019.

1. DLY

DLY New Member

Gutted72: Yes, I'll post one along with an update. Got the engine and transmission test fitted to the subframe today, only mashed one finger during the process (I feel like an idiot...). All the sheetmetal is installed, and beginning initial bodywork. Will stop shortly, and install the subframe and the freshly rebuilt rear end, so it will be on wheels. I have to either build or buy an engine, and then complete the front sheet metal. I'll try to post a picture of the car, and one of my C10 for you. (Yes, I know it's a Camaro site, but gutted72 asked and I am proud of it...)

Thanks for your interest.

89C7855F-D077-447C-B8F0-C05FF7FD4604.jpeg 6B493A62-D413-497A-992C-24387281A2E0.jpeg 2ADF2D34-0DDE-4BCB-8771-FCCDC2A5A528.jpeg

2. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

We welcome pics of all cars here! The C10 looks fantastic!

3. thesalboy

thesalboy Veteran Member

Amen!

4. xten

xten Veteran Member

Welcome to the site. Glad to see another being saved. Love the C10. 68 is my favorite year.

5. DLY

DLY New Member

Thanks Guys! I appreciate the kind words. Lastly, for Xten... Yes, and the '68 is my favorite year of C10 as well. For the record, I went a LOT further with that truck than I intend to go on the Camaro, but you at least get an idea of the intent for the little '73. I plan to park them side by side at shows so it should be just as nice.

I have decided to buy a crate motor. the block I used for fit up on the sub-frame is a 305, and although I do want a small block, I don't want a 305. I considered another LS, but want this to look more stock under the hood, so am considering either an engine from Pace Performance, their number 12530283-OF with a Holley Sniper TBI set up, OR a GM Performance ZZ6
    EFI crate motor. I guess my question surrounds the ZZ6; am curious if anybody has experience with this engine? Will do a search over in the power train forum and see if I find anything. The ZZ6 is quite a bit more expensive, and I tend to be a cheapskate...

And somebody PLEASE talk me out of my desire to put seats out of a new Camaro in this car... I have already stripped the original seats, sandblasted and epoxied the frames and am ready to rebuild them but the seats out of the new car sit extremely well... So I'm trying to talk myself into sticking with the stock seats... I did get an original shifter for a 73-81 this week, so I'll stick with an original console and am not sure how the new seats would look next to the rest of the original interior...

Thanks again to everybody for their kind words and support!!!

6. xten

xten Veteran Member

Can't honestly say how the NEW new seats would look with the interior, mine are leather ones from a 2002 SS convertible. Much more comfortable with power bolsters and lumbar. IMHO, mine look right at home.

Attached Files:

7. jaalbano3@gmail

jaalbano3@gmail New Member

Need any parts I have a good amount call me 757 777 6995 jimmy

8. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member

DLY,

I thought that was you from the 67-72chevytrucks.com site. Glad to see you found your way over here. I'm Trucknut57 over on that site.

If you guys haven't seen the C10 and want to see more of his build and the detail he puts into things just look here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=760409

I put 2014 Camaro seats in mine and I really like the way the ride and feel.

[​IMG]

9. DLY

DLY New Member

Yup, it's me... I like the look of the seats in your car. Anything special you had to do? Did you make new seat mounting brackets, or have to change anything? I'm going to do something similar, I believe, in my car.

Thanks for the kind words...

D.

10. gutted72

gutted72 Veteran Member