SBC oil filter with anti drain back valve?

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by Al Weyman, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Al Weyman

Al Weyman Veteran Member

I need one of these because of the way I have plumbed in my Accsump on my 3rd Gen race car and suspect the Fram PH30 may not have this facility. Does anyone know which manufacturers oil filter has this feature, preferable a well known make I can buy over here in the UK as I need it for this weekend as I am racing the car at Thruxton circuit UK.

2. Chevynut67

Chevynut67 Veteran Member

K&N sure does, Purolator may also.

3. Al Weyman

Al Weyman Veteran Member

Thanks, there is a guy selling Purolators on ebay I will get one in, I also read elsewhere the Purolator had the valve. There was someone selling K & N's but he didnt have the SBC in stock or that would have been my first choice, he is getting one in for me at a later date though.

4. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I think all filter manufacturers have a small block Chevy oil filter with the antidrainback valve. Many of them do not have the one without the valve, and this is the one old Chevys want.
    The AC Delco filter is the PF1218 with antidrainback and PF35 without it. Ask your parts person if they have a direct cross for the PF1218 if you want the antidrainback valve. If their list crosses both the PF1218 and the PF35 to the same number, it has the valve. If they cross to separate numbers, the PF1218 cross will have the valve and the PF35 cross will not.
    I use Hastings filters, and they have both kinds. Mobil has only one, so I don't like their filters. You could just pick up a Mobil filter if they are available in your area. The Mobil filter has the valve.