Scams - Classic Cars For Sale Sites

Discussion in 'Auctions and Online Sales' started by Smokin'Joe, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Vettenick

Vettenick Vettenick

I wouldn't do anything, especially if you had no business with them. This is probably a bait/switch job. I'll bet if you had someone call about the car, they'll probably say it's not available. but we have something else you might be interested.
    Hey.....as long as no one is bothering you, don't sweat it.

2. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

You never know now a days,I have both styles of 74'z' air cleaners that I took pictures of for a member about 12-14 years ago,he posted them here [with my permission I'm too stupid] for show and tell.About 2 years ago I run across an ad for 74 z/28 air cleaners for sale on the web,and there are my pics, :eek: I'm paranoid and old but I don't get that posting every bit of your life thing,if these pics are floating around the internet I could only imagine what someone could do with "real" things in our life!!Goin back to listen to my 8-tracks Later Steve!!

3. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

I used to Buy & Sell Vintage Porsches. There were multiple times where I found one of my cars listed on a Company's site ( mostly in Europe). I tried to contact the companies a few times but gave up

4. FZ-28's

FZ-28's Veteran Member

I saw this site when I was looking into consigning my car. I did not pursue it, but my understanding is they consign only and hold no inventory. It appears that someone else was trying to commit fraud through DP9.

5. flht99b

flht99b Veteran Member

I don't know how they do any"business" as they do not return calls.

6. MPDoperator

MPDoperator New Member

Dealing with US Classifieds4all now? Did a to good to be true search and found you guys so thanks for having this board to verify these people. They are getting good as I found the guy on LinkedIn and asked if it was really him that replied to my email on the car site which he said it was him..

Their getting good I'll give em that..

7. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

Good advice. Before you buy a car online always “Meet the Fockers” first. :lush:

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  8. bogus ad detector

bogus ad detector New Member

I just found several bogus ads for 2007 Porsche 911 Turbos in US Classified4All. The ads show great looking 911 Turbos and descriptions at $10-15k below low Kelley Blue Book prices. Came across these guys using bogus classified ads for high end stereo equipment in Los Angeles classified ads and learned my lesson --> If it's to good to be true; it's to good to be true.

There are the 4 ads currently running for four difference 2007 911 Turbos in Miami, Las Vegas, New you and Los Angeles. These guys are super clever and I doubt you will ever speak to someone live or get a real phone number. if you do reach someone, please ask them if there mother knows what they are trying to do - cheat hard working people of their hard earned cash. i hate these bastards and i am going to report these ads.

https://usclassifieds4all.com/list.php?term=2007+PORSCHE+911+Turbo&c=1

upload_2020-3-21_13-39-28.jpeg
    2007 Porsche 911 Turbo
    $39,000
    200739,130 mi Gasoline
    2007 Porsche Turbo. Midnight Blue on Natural. This car is in excellent condition having been babied and driven an average. Natural Leather Brown Heated Front Seats Rear Window Wiper Parking Assist System Sport Chrono Package Turbo Remote CD Changer Supple Leather Front and Rear Leathe...

2007 Porsche 911 Turbo AWD 2dr Coupe
    $35,000
    200728,470 mi Gasoline
    2007 PORSCHE 911 TURBO, JUST 28K MILES, 6 SPEED MANUAL, TECH ART AERO KIT, 20AVANT GARDE, FVD Brombacher EXHAUST, RED SEAT BELTS. Aluminum doors and trunk lid Automatic extending rear spoiler Bi-Xenon headlights-inc: headlight leveling, washers Front apron w/lower spoiler edge, a...

2007 Porsche 911 Turbo Black
    $40,000
    91155,241 mi Gasoline
    This is a 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo that has been extensively worked over. This was a no-compromises build, and it does everything extremely well. It is an incredibly fast street car in terms of power and performance. But due to the interior and stereo work, and the high quality of the upgrades, you ...

2007 Porsche 911 Turbo Silver
    $38,000
    200748,858 mi Gasoline
    2007 Porsche 911 Turbo with the desirable 6-speed manual transmission. It is finished in GT Silver over Black upgraded supple leather. The car has new Michelin PS4S tires. his included replacing/pinning all coolant hoses, lines, clamps, and the water pump. Oil change was also done. Factory Options...

Potential buyers beware!
    KJ

Smokey15 likes this.