Sealing 79 cars and concepts t-tops

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by Dannyboy3366, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Dannyboy3366

Dannyboy3366 New Member

Hey guys. Im just wanting to know how you guys are sealing the c&c t tops?. As seals can no longer be bought. I very much appreciate all answers. Oh amd if and one has any c&c t tops lying around please let me know.
    Thanks

2. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Do you have any pictures?

3. camolaa_69

camolaa_69 Veteran Member

OMG, your from Melbourne, guess what? I am restoring a 79 camaro z28 and it has cars and concept targaroof. To be honest, those seal pretty much unavailable. I use to work at Rare Spares, from memory there is something that simialr that can be used. What I am doing, which I already have a fisher targa seal which are one piece seal on each side. In addition, I will cut the from the top of the door and around the roof off. Therefore, only keeping the door seal and attaching new seal on to it which the famous loctite rubber glue can be used.
    If you get stuck, just let me know and I could go to rare spares and try to match a similar rubber.

Cheers.

4. BP80Z28

BP80Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

5. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have a set of tops but probably not cost efficient to ship to AUS.....I actually have a complete set with steel frame and all the parts to install fresh on a car.....