Sell/Buy Camaro Opinion (wife)

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Bill81, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill81

Bill81 Veteran Member

First thing is I am camaro less for the first time since I was 19 years old. With that being said, my 81 went to a new home on Saturday. Wife was very happy it left, until I told her that I will be using the money to buy a newer camaro. I want to work my way up to a ZL1 buy buying and selling until I make enough to buy one. Since I reminded (told her several times before the car actually sold) her that I was going to buy another one she has been made as hell. She won’t even go out of town with me on my upcoming work trip, and she always goes with me. I sold the car to buy another, if I wasn’t going to buy another one then I never would have sold mine. The wife wants to use the money on upgrading the house, and I don’t want to upgrade. I want to look for another house with a couple acres and a shop. What do you guys think about this? Do I buy another since I sold mine, or do what she wants? Now, before you answer. I was going to sell my WS6 as well so that I could go buy a ZL1 with both sold. Wife said hell no that I am not aloud to sell it. So I am respecting her wishes on that part.

2. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I think maybe you guys need to talk.

Chevrolaine, Smokey15 and FlaJunkie like this.
  3. Goodwrench1965

Goodwrench1965 Veteran Member

There is more to this situation than you have divulged. Show picture of wife in swimsuit so we can give considerate answer to this question.

4. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sell wife, buy shop and ZL1?? Just spitballing...

How equitable are yours and your wife's interests/hobbies? If you get all the fun/cars, and she's stuck with a can-collecting hobby, well...

Smokey15, BillyDean7173 and FlaJunkie like this.
  5. Bill81

Bill81 Veteran Member

She will go with me to car shows or car events if she is able. She loves riding around in the WS6, that is why she doesn’t want it sold.

6. Bill81

Bill81 Veteran Member

Really not anything else to it. And there will not be any swim suit pictures.

7. Bill81

Bill81 Veteran Member

I am going to try. She did tell me that I sold my car so it’s my money to do with what i want. But the cold shoulder is killing me. I know she will eventually enjoy the car, she wasn’t happy when I bought the WS6 as well. Now she said no way in hell can I sell it. I was offered $17.500 for the WS6 and she still said no.

8. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Bill....Just MHO...(I have been married for only 20 years so take this as you see fit)...If you want a new Camaro and the wife knows its something you want...you have the money, its not putting the family in a financial situation...why would she say no? I buy and sell stuff all the time. I always take that money and buy something else I want and I don't hear a peep out of her. It goes both ways...I mess with the car...Im buying parts...selling parts and buying more parts. She wants to go get her nails done, buy $200 purses....buy season passes to the ballet...You don't hear a peep out of me. I support what she wants and she supports what I want.

Again....JUST MY OPINION...Please bear with me...She is being selfish. I would buy the car...You had a car, sold it...you have every right to buy another one and she should support you even though she would rather do something else with the money

Knuckle Dragger and Dave Nelson like this.
  9. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

There's more to it and you might not even know yet.

FlaJunkie and Dave Nelson like this.
  10. Bill81

Bill81 Veteran Member

This is pretty much my thinking. I don’t ask her for the money when she sells things. We have been together over 31 years, and I have always done things with cars. Without going into to much personnel stuff, I give her most everything she wants. I pay 100% of the bills and let her keep all her money for her business. I think in doing this might be one of the big problems. I have been putting my foot down and not giving her everything like i did for years. Her not wanting to go to Vegas with me next month is just killing me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.