Sell/Buy Camaro Opinion (wife)

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Bill81, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

^^if she loves you, she'll get over it lol...

2. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

I will be waiting for the outcome of this one.

carr911 and FlaJunkie like this.
  3. MidniteZ

MidniteZ Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Find a ZL1 in your area for sale and give her a test drive in it. She'll love it and insist you get one.
    I sold my 79 and 95 Camaros to get my ZL1. My wife was all for it. Hopefully she will come around. Good luck.

4. xten

xten Veteran Member

I would suggest getting her somewhat and somehow on board before I pulled the trigger. If you buy it while she is dead set against it, you're going to regret it, at least for a while. Been with my wife for 33 years, and have learned the hard way that it doesn't matter who's wrong or right, and keeping score is futile. Example: you just bought this, so I'm buying that. Not that this is happening with you, just making a point.
    I think working your way up to the car you want is great, instead of banging down a big chunk, or taking a mortgage on it. As MidniteZ said, take her for a ride in one and maybe the WS6 will go bye-byes too. Sure would be nice to see a ZL1 in front of a new home and shop.

5. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

That sounds fair to me. But the purses thing kills me. They by those high dollar purses and then they sit in the closet. Hmmmm. Sounds like they way my Camaro is just sitting in the garage. LOL

6. ZEN357

ZEN357 Veteran Member

Just buy it! You work, you earn your money, you only live once, buy it! If she gives you grief I have a good divorce attorney I know you can call... just kidding!!! Seriously, buy it and enjoy it, you may not be here tomorrow. I'm saying this because I watched my Father die in front of me two years ago and it changed my whole outlook on life.

7. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Having been married 46 years - and having a wife that has "her" toy car too - I think you need to put that money into a special savings account until both of you are on the same page.

Doing anything else will cause problems.

I think sorting out the house issue needs to happen first. Both your idea and her's involve money and when it comes to the house that has to be a joint decision. Once that issue is settled - the car issue will most likely resolve itself relatively easily.

8. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Exactly....but in the same sentence you can't say to give in to her. He had his toy...traded it for cash...he doesn't need her permission to buy another toy. She should support him!!! I guess it all depends on how you see a marriage...it isn't submissive and ownership. That's a quick way to divorce! I'm sorry I'm just having a hard time thinking of being married to someone I would have to do that with. I get the disagreements if the money came from a different source which would be right to talk to your partner on what to do with the cash, but that is not this scenario.

If I sold my car and my wife started bickering about what to do with the money, she better get over it. Life is too short.

9. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think it's hard to give good advice in a situation like this. You're the one that has to live with her, and you're in the best position to speculate about how long she might stay mad, and whether it's worth it to you. If she wants to "update"(not fix) something in the house, I think we all get that from our wives now and then. All I can say is what my main counter arguments are: What we have works perfectly fine, and no you don't know we will get our money back when we sell the house because you don't know how tastes may change by then and you don't know when we'll sell the house, if you're so creative can't you think of a way to paint or otherwise modify what we have to suit you. But sometimes I think that while we are happy with and used to the way things are in a house, our wives get tired of the same old pattern\colors\styles, and it just makes them happy(for a while, at least) to change things up. Which I can understand - heck, half the time that's why we change cars.

10. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

When you start saying "my money" and "her money", that indicates a deeper problem to me. My wife and I both work, so it's OUR money. Whether we buy something for her or for me, we do it with OUR money.

Chevrolaine and The Champ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.