Shock guru's help me adjust my Koni's

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by sevitz5, May 30, 2014.

1. sevitz5

sevitz5 Veteran Member

I understand how to adjust them (compress them and turn) what I don't understand is what I am adjusting. I have the 8040-1017 classics. I am having some issues with my fenders rubbing my tires when getting out of the gas. Do I want the shocks set stiffest to minimalize this or softest? I know somewhere in between is where I want them, but not sure. Help me out guys....thanks.

2. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'd say stiffer. I had Koni's on for yrs before the rears seized up.

3. sevitz5

sevitz5 Veteran Member

Any other opinions?

4. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Keith told me to set them to turn full to the highest setting and then back off 1 turn for the fronts and 1 1/4 turn for the rears. That is with 175lb rears and his fronts which I don't know the spring rate on.

5. ks71z28

ks71z28 Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

The Koni's are rebound adjustable ONLY. If the car dives too much under braking, then the shocks cannot help you. You can stiffen the rear which may help. Your coils may be a touch on the light side for serious performance. Our coils are about 60-75# actual higher rate