Shopping for sheet metal replacement

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by Connor's army, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Connor's army

Connor's army New Member

Dec 12, 2016
    I was wondering how you guys feel about all the sites that sell parts metal ECT.. there are prices difference between all but I know about speed of delivery. Quality of parts. Stuff like that

2. jester0618

jester0618 Veteran Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Bryan, OH
    What pieces? I got a quarter from camaro central. I was happy with the price and shipping was quick. 4 days maybe

3. Connor's army

Connor's army New Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Looking for a quarter panel door jamb area on passenger side kinda the dog leg portion

4. CaliCamaro75

CaliCamaro75 Veteran Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Winchester,CA
    Idk about the jambs. But I got new left and right quarters for my 75 by AMD ordered through summitracing.com. I shopped for prices and they had a good price and fast shipping. Good quality too

5. Connor's army

Connor's army New Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Yea I got a 80 % quarter and rocker. But hole there wanna fix it right ya know

6. Connor's army

Connor's army New Member

Dec 12, 2016
    But on a budget so can wait until I get/find a good deal

7. larrylarry

larrylarry Veteran Member

Dec 22, 2011
    San Antonio Tx
    Don't expect a perfect fit, an that goes with any sheet metal you buy.

8. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    AMD from Summit is about the best you will find.

9. jester0618

jester0618 Veteran Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Bryan, OH
    Summit doesn't carry AMD for a 75. You sure it was summit? I can't even find 75 quarters on AMD's website.

To the OP, I got a full quarter for my passenger side from Camaro Central. It has the jamb and the "dog leg" but not the inner structure.

10. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Be cautious when you shop for brands and specific parts. AMD gets thrown around alot but it may surprise you that alot of their sec gen panels are not made by AMD. Anything with an X in the part number could be anyone from OER to Golden Star. I bought header panel from AMD and even though it looked good is was not even the same dimension left to right. IMO Jegs has a better variety and will match Summit

AMD should be renamed "All MOPAR Direct" because that's who they really focus on for panels that actually fit.