So I went to Arbys yesterday and-------

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 72'z'steve, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Last time I went to Arby's the roll I got with my sandwich had mold on it.

2. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

I would be tempted to call the local health department. I would first talk to he manager. Let them set the tone. If they seem unconcerned, I'd call. I was in the food industry. There are strict rules for food storage and temperature. Mold can happen on bread very quickly.

3. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Fast food restaurants here are the exact opposite here !!!! . If the drive thru is very busy and you decide to walk in be prepared wait !!!!!

You'll be the only one inside and the average wait time to order your food is a minimum 5 minutes . Then it's another 5 minutes to get your food

4. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

^^^^ You don't DARE to walk into any of the fast food places here!! They think since you are inside you want to sit down,wait like it is a real restaurant.When they ask for your name and tell you to go sit we'll call out to you-you know you are SOL!!
    I agree some places/areas are different,We stopped in Iowa city Iowa at arbys [wifey again] and we literally waited 4 minutes from ordering,car or two ahead and got our food,manager popped thru the window and gave us 6 mozzrella [sp] sticks because of the wait!! I told him come to Wisconsin and be prepared for despair and anguish!!
    Twisted-I have been jabbing wifey with the "Where's the Beef" from literally the minute she opened the sandwich!! Later Steve!!

5. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

I will never fully understand the drive thru. Here, it is always way busier than going inside, at least it used to be, i dont frequent these joints anymore. I saw a line at the Startbucks drive thru that was out on the street, actually blocking a lane of travel. I like coffee, but WTF. I have never had a half latte, cappucino with soy milk, mini marshmallows, and sprinkles, so the whole allure of Startbucks is wasted on me.

Smokey15 and Dave Nelson like this.
  6. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

I guess we are pretty lucky here. Arby's here is really good, as are the rest of the drive thrus. And Lee's Country chicken is REALLY good.

351maverick likes this.
  7. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

I stopped going to most fast food places after my stents in 2013, only places I eat out at are the sandwich places as I can see it being made and besides McDonald's just plain sucks.

Smokey15 and 72'z'steve like this.
  8. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Having grown up in suburbs of Philly I love a great cheesteak or Italian hoagie. Jersey Mikes does a great job filling that need, and usually from ordering to out the door it is about 5-10 minutes. Only thing I have a beef with is I get coupons, buy two sandwiches get third for $2.99, but you cannot order it online, most coupons nowadays have a coupon code, is it that hard to implement that . In this day that's just silly, but it is still worth the short wait. We do fast food on Fridays, good coupons from Burger King and they usually are pretty quick, I always walk in. Our local Wendy's lost my business by screwing up simple orders 3 times in a row, wrote corporate and got a free meal or two, and the store manager did call and apologize.

9. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

That particular Arby's closed a month later.

Smokey15 and Zstar like this.
  10. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

^^^^^ Probably still were serving the same lot of rolls when they did too!! :crazy: Later Steve!!

Smokey15 and Mike N like this.