So True. I can relate..

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by cali cruzer, Aug 25, 2019.

1. cali cruzer

cali cruzer Veteran Member

My last trip to the NV DMV was a 5 hour ordeal.....I lived this LOL

2. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Indiana tries to make it quick and reasonably easy. I think the longest I've been in there in the last few years was 30 minutes. Sometimes they call me over as soon as I check in.

3. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

The key to doing it in Chicagoland is to avoid the urban ones or close to.

4. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

We have 2 in town. A third is vehicle licensing/title transfer registration etc only. The other 2 do drivers Licensing too.
    The little registrar office is fast, efficient, well staffed. (Go figure not government owned or run so it is done efficiently)
    Now the 2 other ones that do everything from licenses to title transfers are owned by the gubment and god forbid you go there for tabs....lucky to make it out of there in an hours time. It’s not totally the employees fault....there’s only one or two of them working at any given time and stacked up usually with a line of “imports” that don’t speak English hardly.

5. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Be going to NY around December. It used to be along wait. I don't know now but I'm not looking forward to it.

6. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The one thing Florida gets right (at least the DMV office I go to) is relatively quick service, I don't think I have spent more than 15 minutes there, and they have always been polite and helpful. I'd say 8 to 10 windows open always. One day I sat down waiting to get my Disabled placard re-done, opened my book and my number came up.

7. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Can't help but recall the scene from Beetlejuice....

upload_2019-8-25_8-0-17.png

I got tabs for my Camaro in 5 minutes last week. :D
    Got my number and didn't even have time to fill out the insurance info before it was called.

It helps that I work 50 yards from the DMV office and I simply come back the next day if there's a large lineup of folks waiting.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  8. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Indiana hasn't always been quick. Right now, there are three BMV offices in town. Indiana lets you go to any branch in the state. I work in a different county but I see a lot of the guys I work with at the one by me. Now, up to the early 80's, the BMV was a last vestige of Indiana's patronage system. The political party of the Governor controlled the BMV. They got to keep any profits. One of the Republican candidates wants to go back to that system but both parties are against it as it gave them too much bad press.

9. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I know not many have young kids, so you may not have seen this, but Disney nailed it in Zootopia-

Luckily, except for new registrations and license renewal (every 8 years), we can handle business online or via mail.

10. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

Title and registration seem to have really gotten easier here,They must have the workers trying to expedite it,years ago,you got the 3'd degree-Did you really pay that for it? then the evil eye stare,when did you drive it,did you drive it home last week,that was last month your tags now go back a month etc went 10 days ago and was out in less than 30 minutes and a long line-8 windows open.
    Drivers license renewal is different as I guess your lic is your passport now? Wjfey needed her OFFICIAL birth certificate and the confusion/distress is apparent during my visit over there.I need to get that abuse in March 8 years go by fast!