So, You Want to Drive Your Tesla on a Holiday Weekend - Enjoy Waiting?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by The Champ, Dec 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

[​IMG]

"One Facebook clip shows a line measuring roughly a quarter mile in length, consisting of 50-odd Teslas waiting at a Supercharger in Kettleman City, California, just off Interstate 5. To be fair, the station's popularity is compounded by its location about halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco, but even its 40 stalls aren't enough to accommodate the increased demand, especially when all that simultaneous recharging lowers the speed for everyone."

[​IMG]

Doesn't this make you want to travel from LA to the bay area with your new Tesla??? It's only a 382 mile drive - or a 6.5 hour drive. Oh, you can't go 382 miles on a full charge?

I can in my ATS without fear of running short of range. And even if I left LA with only a half tank I could refuel in 5 minutes at any fuel stop along the way.

If Tesla can't handle charging needs in the state with the most Tesla charging stations in the country, I pity the average guy with a Tesla in "flyover country" like me....

2. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I heard it was good they electric cars forced us to "travel right" and take breaks during the trip :) :eek: :p

3. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

Even a trucker gets to drive further than a Tesla can before he has to pack it in for the day.
    Must be a Tesla owner restriction thing..

4. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

I sure would like to test drive a Tesla. The line at the charging station is a little dissapointing, but for me, it would probably not be an issue, since 95%of my travel is from one house to the other, about 100 miles away. People tell me i would miss the nice sound that a healthy small block makes. Electric cars have their place, personally im just not sold on the "hopping from one charging station to another" to make a long distance trip. i doubt i would do that.

5. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I was in my driveway last week, and a hybrid car pulled in my driveway. I had my back turned, and didn't even know it was there. Yeah...you might miss that small block sound for sure.

6. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I test drove one before I bought the Mazda. Just leaving the dealer lot was problematic as I waited to hear the engine start but at low speed it made no noise at all. Being a hybrid it would start and stop the gas engine as needed. I'm pretty sure hybrids are the future, just not for me for a long time.

7. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Wonder how long a charge last at sub zero temps.

8. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

And with the heater going on full blast, if there is a decent heater.

9. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

10. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

In a state like Looneyfornia that cant even keep the electricity on consistently, of course it makes perfect sense to load up the power grid with as many electric cars as possible! :crazy:

73 Z, zzzzz28 and roeville like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.