Some dummy hit my trailer today

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 1980RS, Sep 7, 2019.

1. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

I went to the track for a little testing and while driving home we hit a ton of traffic as there was an accident up the road. Well as I am going slow and had to stop I felt a HUGE bump from behind, at first I though it was the trailer brakes hanging up but I looked in the rear mirror to see some dumb woman backing way off, I though you idiot, you hit me. I got clear of traffic and took off on the side road to see if anything happened to my Camaro (nothing) as I am looking here comes the dummy woman that hit me with a crunched front end on her toyota. She gets out and asks for my ins. as she thinks my ins. should pay for her damage to the car as I stopped too fast. I called her a lot of four lettered words and here face lit up like a Christmas tree. She said she was going to call the cops, I said "do it, I dare you as you hit me I did not hit you". I also told her to leave while she still can as my neck was starting to hurt and I wanted to make a claim on her ins. She took off pretty fast after that. Looks like I will have to get out the Rustolium to touch up my trailer, her car may need a little bondo to fix the busted up bumper on the almost new toyota. What a day.

roadrace2 likes this.
  2. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

Wait til her husband gets home and she twists things around to the point of you backed into her! LOL,I'm not that guy but people the last few years/lately I'd have called the cops for an "incident report"I had a woman tear the side off her ford escape or what ever on my blazer in menards parking lot while I was parked and somehow it was my fault/got a officer to come out make a report,at least you're covered. People are nuts today,nothings their fault-sadly need to cover your behind-Hope your necks Ok wink wink Later Steve!!

GoldenOne7710 likes this.
  3. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I would have taken a photo of her car and her plate as well as the area it happened. Unless you cut in and slam on your brakes, it's her fault. Did you have a dash camera?

1980RS likes this.
  4. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

No, I didn't have one with me this time but I will from now on, may even get one and put it in the rear window of the Camaro while it's on the trailer.

5. ol' grouch

You can get them for under $200 with a front and rear camera. This would show the effect of someone rear ending you. For the Camaro, run a wire so you can turn it on and off while you're driving. My camera in the truck comes on when I start it as the power socket works with the ignition.

The thing about a dash cam, you can show yourself pointing to it. If the other persons demeanor changes, that will show up too. I saw a dash cam video on Youtube once in Britain where a kid on a scooter pulled out in front and ran his scooter backwards by hand into the front of a car. It clearly showed his license plate plus a "witness" on the corner. The woman was shown getting out to talk to him. Then she pointed to the camera. Both scooter boy and the "witness" took off right away. Let the cops see that, with the plate clearly displayed, and you can bet they'll want to ask embarrassing questions. My main camera can be removed and take photos of damage too.

6. roadrace2

roadrace2 Veteran Member

I liked your post because of how you handled the situation. :D
    Seriously, people are that stupid......"you stopped to fast, your fault...." wow........just wow......

Reminds me of a female merging onto the highway, a transport truck stayed in his lane, she goes to merge and hits the side of the transport truck's trailer......she felt it was his fault for not changing lanes so she can merge unto the highway........true story......sad.

7. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

I have spoken to a couple local LEO's and this came up-it appears with the ME ME ME society and lack of understanding in drivers ed this the prevelant belief.We have a few trouble areas where they had to put yield signs near end of ramp this unfortunately causes same indivguals to come to complete stop at end and then attempt to merge from dead stop to 70 mph freeway-I've seen it-Yikes!! Later Steve!!

dave@ztech, Smokey15 and roadrace2 like this.
  8. bracketracer-78

bracketracer-78 Veteran Member

I once had this jackwaggon in front of me starting to back up to let a tractor trailer make a turn. The guy never checked his mirrors while he was backing up. I saw what he was going to do so I left him room. He did about mach 3 in reverse and if I wouldn't have layed on the horn i would have had the front of my suburban pushed back to the firewall. I have him about 20 yards but in his mind that was not enough. He actually got out of his truck yelling at me that I almost caused a accident. I informed him it was his fault if he hit me. The guy was delusional.

9. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Several years ago coming home from a camping trip, a girl took the cushion in front of me I was leaving in case traffic suddenly stopped. Well she jumped in front of me and stopped. I slid all 8 tires and pushed her up the road a few feet. South Carolina trooper came and ticked me instead of the cute little blond girl. Wish I had a dash camera that day.

10. ol' grouch

I've gotten so used to having one, I feel a bit exposed without one. It saved the GF from a ticket and being at fault so I bought another one and let her have my old one. The new one is supposed to have radar alerts, speed trap warnings and other stuff through the phone but I haven't figured it all out yet.

Smokey15 likes this.