Some dummy hit my trailer today

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 1980RS, Sep 7, 2019.

1. xten

xten Veteran Member

Can't tell you while writing estimates how many times I've heard, "Oh, yeah, I rear ended him at a red light or stop sign, but it wasn't my fault!" What's wrong with people

1980RS likes this.
  2. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

They were probably upset that hitting the car ahead of them caused them to ruin a text they were typing.

serpent710 likes this.
  3. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

very rarely it's not your fault! Two years I was driving home in the rain, a guy runs a Stop Sign, woman in front of me locks up the Brakes, I had left a cushion of space but I slid a little bit. Well, it was such a Cluster F, that a car behind me tapped me which caused me to hit the woman in front. The person that ran the stop sign left, the person that tapped me left ( might not have even known they hit me). The woman that I hit had a tiny scratch on her bumper and my Insurance Co totaled out my car.

4. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

It’s for this reason when I’m driving through Illinois/Chicago it’s 3-5 lanes wide on the i90/94 I get in the fast lane and stay there. Normally I’d keep right and let the speed demons roll but man you leave 2” between you and the car in front and some jerkoff is cutting you off! At least when I’m all the way left I only have to worry about being cut off from one side, not both! Gotta have your head on a swivel.

5. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

They are considering passing a law in NY that makes it an offence to stay in the high speed lane for more then 1 -1/2 miles , I thought , well hell yah , finally , get those aholes over, so they stop holding up the flow of traffic, then I read, that it has been a law in NJ for years, HAA HA , so I know it will not change a thing, HAA HA

6. ol' grouch

Illinois and Indiana have that law. Each time it was passed, the police enforced it for a bit then, nothing.

7. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

The more stories I read, the more I think I need a dash camera

8. ol' grouch

I had mine for years and never got around to using it. Now, I feel naked without one with all the idiots on the road.

9. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I was towing 34 foot, 12,000# camping trailer and always leave room to get stopped, but this little gal wanted that real estate that I needed to get whoa'd up.

10. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

we have that Law in Florida, it's NEVER enforced!