Spectra premium tank and pump combo

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by biker, Feb 24, 2020.

1. biker

biker Veteran Member

Anybody used one or seen/heard one in action? Looks nice with feed return and vent lines and a gauge sending unit and includes a Walbro pump good to feed a 500hp engine. Other forums seem to have decent feedback, but of course I'd like to check here first before pulling the trigger. Bonus for me is that it ships free from Amazon, and is more than 200 bucks Canadian cheaper than an Aeromotive tank and pump combo.
    Spectra part number is:
    GM201FI
    Their description is that it is made to retrofit F.I. to 78-81 F body with all lines in stock position.

All thoughts welcome.
    Brent.

2. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Spectra pumps are a crapshoot. when did they start using walbros?

Are you racing? Im not sure how well they are baffled.

3. biker

biker Veteran Member

No idea when they started using Walbro, but several posts by people that used them on other sites said they pulled the pump out to see, and they were Walbro pumps. Some posts from years back said they used smaller capacity pumps, but updated at some point.
    Good point on the baffling too. I don't race, but I am a big fan of donuts (no cop jokes please), and stalling out during an epic donut would not make me happy. I will look into that and see if I can find any info. Surely you would think someone building a F.I. tank would included at least a factory style baffling system.

4. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

I've been running a Tanks Inc for about 4-5 years now... great piece.

Converted my original 17 gal tank to 21 gal which was nice. Baffling is very well designed too as I've had it down to ~2 gallons and no stalling issues even under hard braking.

5. biker

biker Veteran Member

I know...I really like that tank as well, and it looks like a great deal on their website, but by the time the exchange rate has it's way with me, it is well over 600 bucks through Summit and that is before tax, shipping and some horrendous "brokerage fee". If I could get one for the price you did, I'd buy it right now. Looks like a nice piece.

6. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

Check their website... I actually bought mine as a blem... couple of minor scratches saved me over 100 bucks....

7. biker

biker Veteran Member

Nothing in their "bargain" section at the moment, but I will call tomorrow. As it is, ordering from their website would be cheaper than summit, but still more expensive than the Spectra tank.

8. 1978 Z/28

1978 Z/28 Veteran Member Gold Member

sorry to hi-jack post
    Hi Biker I checked with Summit all shipping charges are indicated at check out. So if I choose to have this fuel tank shipped to Grand Bay-Westfield NB Canada, if I pick fed-ex ground there are no shipping charges or brokerage just Canadian tax.
    David,
    my question I am inquiring about shipping to Canada. Are there any brokerage fees or other charges
    Fed Ex includes tax and brokerage in the shipping quote provided by or website when an order's placed.
    Thank you
    Dale
    Summit Racing Equipment

9. biker

biker Veteran Member

Thanks man! I appreciate you digging into that. I have had good luck with Summit as well, but lately the exchange rate is killing us. I'm keeping an eye on that to see if it changes in the next while.

10. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

I bought Tanks inc too, good price and nice setup. I almost dont want to put it in out of fear of scratching it! Its pretty! :)

20200116_215312.jpg
    20200116_210025.jpg

here is picture of baffle side
    20200116_191519.jpg

20200116_190655.jpg