Stand Up and Be Counted

Discussion in 'Canadian Owners' started by twood, Feb 25, 2012.

1. twood

twood Veteran Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Glen Morris, ON Canada
    I AM CANADIAN and I'M PROUD of it. CHEERS all.
    I was checking out all the great and informative forums on Nasty and can't help but notice that there are Just a fews threads in this one. I figured I might as well start one for introduction purposes. You never know, you might be my neighbour.

I live in Glen Morris, Ontario. It is a small village south of Cambridge, toward Brantford. I was born and raised in Kitchener, Ont.I am lets say, just into my 50s, and have been more into bikes for the last 25 years. Due to health issues, I was unable to ride anymore, which led to selling my Bike. ( 2003 100th ann. Wide Glide. )

Well, we all need a toy, so i figured I would start looking for a Camaro. I wanted a second generation turn key car so i could work on it while still being on the road. That wasnt an easy task. I finally found one, 1 week before Christmas. Not the best time, as per the wife, But it was a great deal.
    1981 Sport Coupe, 350.TH400 with a shift kit, 4:11 gears. Body and rails good, paint not too bad,

Never even had a spot to dry storage it. My son and I had 1 day to take it out and play with it. Just the local back roads...LOL. I ended up Fogging it down etc. and wrapping it up at the end of my driveway.
    Now I'm sitting back collecting parts I already know I need or want, ( it will never end.lol ) waiting to unwrap her and get it certified. It was just certified in July, so it needs very little. I can do everything myself. I plan to have it on the road by my birthday at the end of April.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Spring is getting closer,
    I hope I started something here.....Cheers
    Tony

2. Musmoke

Musmoke Veteran Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Kingston, Ontario
    Hello twood and welcome to this great site. A really great bunch of people here. If you ever have a question about 2nd gens', the answer will be here.
    Your '81 looks great! The earlier dash made me think that it was a '78.

3. twood

twood Veteran Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Glen Morris, ON Canada
    Hi Musmoke. Thanx
    That dash was changed out at some time, dont know when. I hope it was done right LOL. That was one piece of info i learned here. I had no idea they were different dashes after 1979

4. Louich

Louich Veteran Member

Mar 8, 2004
    Arthur, Ontario
    i live in Arthur, not too far from you.

5. 71camaroz27

71camaroz27 Veteran Member

Jun 23, 2011
    SW Ontario
    I'm in Guelph.
    Not too far away either:cool:

6. Louich

Louich Veteran Member

Mar 8, 2004
    Arthur, Ontario
    I'm in Guelph workin most days.

7. camaroman72

camaroman72 Veteran Member

I live in Lethbridge AB and have a numbers matching 1972 SS396.I have kept all the original parts. It has been a long process of a resto-mod but will be on the road this summer.I have a few more parts to order then she will be good to go.There are pics on this site if you are interested in a look.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  8. Philly

Philly Veteran Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Hey guys! I'm up the Soo. Nice car and welcome!:cool:

9. 1972RS/Z28

1972RS/Z28 Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Aylmer, Ontario, Can.
    Welcome to this great site. You'll find just about anything you need to know here. I'm just waiting for April 1st so I can get my car out of storage. I live near London..

10. VIZ28

VIZ28 Veteran Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Victoria, BC
    I'm in Victoria. Anyone else on Nasty live on the island?