stock lq4 550 rwhp?

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by griffsbombelco, Feb 17, 2012.

1. griffsbombelco

griffsbombelco Veteran Member

Well I do have an aftermarket regulator after the stock rail on the return side. And the map is from a cobalt if you look over on ls1tech there's so much information about these setups look in the forced induction section

2. camcojb

camcojb Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

congrats! I didn't see anyone say it wouldn't make that power though.

3. onelapduster

onelapduster Veteran Member

That car sounds like a beast! Awsome work.

4. LSXZ28

LSXZ28 Veteran Member

One thing to note - if you are going to use the Cobalt MAP sensor (like he did here), you have to have a 2 Bar custom operating system tune in the car before starting it with the new sensor. Otherwise, your fueling will be all jacked up...

5. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

just heard from a friend on mine who was at the car show in hesperia last night where this camaro was at . after leaving the car show and from a 30mph roll he totally destroyed the rear tires in a very large cloud of tire smoke ,this is very impressive for what has been done to the motor .also you can't tell what's under the hood of the camaro except for a very small bump/blister on the hood

6. griffsbombelco

Just a little update I ran the car for the first time with the new setup working the bugs out on a 100+ day on low boost (9) lbs car went 10.76 @128 with only a lazy 1.61 60ft car need mor timing down low to get that 60 down with full boost 15 lbs and a few tweaks to the tune 9's shouldn't be a problem with a stock motor + boost that's not to shabby

7. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Be carefull. My one buddy who has a 3rd gen Camaro had pretty much the same setup as you have only with a stock 5.3 on 93 pump gas and after a few races it took out some ring lands. That setup you have is pretty sweet but I would put some forged slugs in it before it's too late.

Hope you get into the 9's, I missed mine by a wisker last time out.

8. griffsbombelco

Thats what normally fails on a setup like this I kept the tune real soft Only 14• of timing in it and when racing 100 octane. It just need to last till tax time for forged rods and pistons lol

9. 69CHVL

69CHVL Veteran Member

Awesome! She's got alot left in her.

My take on making a FI motor live is good spark and fuel control. Need to really have that tune right. Even a motor with the BEST parts wont live if the tune if off. A $$$ all-forged motor will live .5 sec longer that a junkyard motor is something is amiss in the tune. This is why I use the new Holley EFI - the WOT closed-loop is a bog deal in my book.

Congrats on a great build and keep up on the updates for us :cool:

10. Blown Camaro

Blown Camaro American by birth, drag racer by choice

Just got back from Santa Maria & Lompoc and saw nothing/heard nothing about either place building a track. Can I get some more info on this?

:whine: