Stranger Things 2 1979 Camaro Build. Need tips.

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Zach1, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Zach1

Zach1 New Member

Don't think anyone has ever done this before. So i saw the 79 Camaro months ago in Stranger Things 2, which actually sparked my interest again for 2nd gen camaros. Here are some pictures for reference.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I personally think that is probably one of the best 2nd gen camaros i've seen. It's a car built for the movie and isn't a true z28. Looks like it has a standard camaro hood on a z28 body. It has 5 spoke wheels and Bf goodrich Radial T/A tires. I could be wrong about it being a z28 body, so correct me if im wrong.

I will post pictures of my z28 once i purchase the car. Let me know your thoughts thanks!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  2. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I agree...this is a strange thing.

3. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

What? I power slammed that show with my Kids one weekend just to get a look at that Camaro. They barely showed it real close up and the way I would have liked to seen. Was a little disappointed. But quality time with my youngins. They are the ones that told me that there was a Camaro kinda like mine in it. Then I saw some posts about it here so I wanted to check it out.

4. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looks like Zach tried to delete his post?

Hey, to each his own. Plenty of people went for the Jim Rockford look at one point.....

5. Zach1

Zach1 New Member

Hey guys, sorry for deleting the post. Just thought no one would be interested. I put it back up let me know what you think!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  6. aggcamaro74

aggcamaro74 Member

This is a cool idea! I love pop culture inspired builds and I like the look of the Stranger Things Camaro.

Zach1 likes this.
  7. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Welcome onboard! We love all kinds of projects here! One member was even planning on doing a 4x4 Camaro build but that seems to be on hold at the moment.

Zach1 likes this.
  8. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Now I understand. (Nothing was written in post#1 by the OP, but now there is with pictures). Looks like a cool project.

Zach1 likes this.
  9. Zach1

Zach1 New Member

Thanks for the replies. I will post some frequent updates and show you the entire transformation of the car. The wheels and tires are going to be the the most expensive part. Repainting and a new hood will be fairly cheap.

10. The Chucker

The Chucker Veteran Member

I remember in one scene, they must have put new TA radials on the car and hadn't washed the blue protective coating off the white letters. My wife thought I was weird for noticing such a thing.

Good luck on your build and keep us posted!