Suicide

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ULTM8Z, Jun 8, 2018.

1. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

Anthony Bourdain took his own life evidently.

Him along with Kate Spade are probably going to start generating more public conversation about the phenomenon, which is a good thing since suicide rates are on the rise.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/31622/what-can-we-do-stop-suicide-ben-shapiro

Despite the widening differences of opinion in this country (especially in the Trump age), it seems like mental health issues are one area that should be apolitical and where both sides can agree that more needs to be done. Probably will help to curb the mass shootings along with the suicides...

I know a couple of guys from work who killed themselves a few years ago. Neither exhibited outward signs of issues... So you never know what people are going through beyond the external facade they decide to show.

Any rate, it's always said when someone feels like they have no other option for their troubles but to leave the world early...

2. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

I’ve been down that road, I spent time in the hospital for it. Once in there seeing who else was in there, it made me feel better about myself. The psych ward isn’t a fun place.

3. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

My father took his own life when I was very young. The toll wears for years on family members. If he would have got the help he needed everyones lives might have been different, who knows...

4. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Wow. I didn't know he took his life. Seems odd he would do so. Sorry to see him go.

5. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

1. What does Trump Have to do with it. Please. I know people who Have killed them selves. It has nothing to do with Trump. It is a depression issue that gets missed. No person can say why they do it. I have lost some good friends B/C of what ever they thought it was the way out. Even my sister put a gun to her head. Her Husband pulled it out of her hands. She was drunk off her azz. F...k

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  6. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

You didn't read carefully enough... I didn't say it had anything to do with Trump.

I was referencing the "Trump era" simply in terms of how polarized the country is on everything... and against that backdrop that a focus on mental illness should be something that everyone can agree on despite disagreeing on pretty much everything else.

Smokey15 likes this.
  7. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sad...especially when people feel it's the only choice they have.

8. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Suicide - it is a touchy topic for sure.
    For some people, like folks with a terminal disease, I get it. My favorite firearms instructor was diagnosed with something incurable/degenerative and offed himself a few years ago. It made me sad he was gone, but knowing Louis, it was totally... him to assess a situation and take action.

With Anthony Bourdain, I have to wonder if it actually was a suicide as opposed to some sort of auto-erotic asphyxiation gone wrong.

9. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

The fact that you even mention Trump era is bogus. It does not matter what day or year it happens whether or not is was the Previous Administration or any in the future. Polarized Ha. Ya right. I'm done on this.

10. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

If people knew where you end up when you take your own life then the suicide rate would drop.

GoldenOne7710 likes this.