Suicide

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ULTM8Z, Jun 8, 2018.

1. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

THIS!

my neighbors mom just died from getting a little too frisky with herself, a bedpost and a scarf

when you are found naked, surrounded by toys it's not really intentional death

2. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm assuming that's a religious belief. I sure don't want to start a huge religious debate, and I'm being sincere when I ask if you would point me to where it spells that out in the bible. I know it's a Catholic teaching but is it in the bible?

I felt pretty firmly that suicide was the wrong thing to do in all instances until I watched my father die. He never should have be resuscitated when he had his heart attack. The fire department did what they are trained to do and I hold no malice but he suffered every single day for the next year and a half. He would ask the nurse to give him something so he wouldn't wake up every day for the last 5 months of his life. After he died and I was able to comprehend the whole experience honestly I wish he had a legal avenue to end the suffering. The whole idea of suicide at the end of life it packed full or problems and challenges and I'm sure that wouldn't be my choice but we should have the conversation for those who would.

My best friends brother committed suicide. His funeral was last Friday. The way he did it was selfish and had no regard for his wife or child. I think he' a selfish POS for doing it. He got to take care of what ever his issue was but he sure left a lot of heartache and mess for everyone else.

I also find it very disturbing when a high profile person or celerity passed suicide or not and they tell us what a big loss it is. Anytime someone passes it's a huge loss for their family and friends. There shouldn't be a greater sense of loss assigned because they were in the public eye. I just find it tasteless.

FYI, as a note to all posters, I will kill anything less then respectful in regard to religious beliefs. So if anyone needs to "vent" about hating a specific religion, or religion in general don't do it here. Let's all act like adults and have a true conversation please.

3. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

It's hard to know what's going on in the minds of the guys who do this (has to be pretty bad to off yourself), but yeah, when you have a wife and kids, I have to agree with you Dave. Your life kinda isn't your own anymore to a large extent when you have a family that depends on you. You need to man up and take care of your family.

And fankly if you're not ready to sign up to that, then you shouldn't be having kids.

That's just the way it is unfortunately... soldier/police officer/firefighter/etc dies in the line of duty, barely gets a few seconds of coverage. Some celebrity kicks the bucket and it's hours and sometimes days/weeks of coverage.

4. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

[​IMG]

I must be growing up

5. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Many of you are aware I have a terminal disease. I never thought of suicide. In 2 weeks, its my 33 wedding anniversary....well, I thought it was going to be. My wife filed for divorce three months ago. That hurts like hell and it will forever. Brings tears to my eyes. Think of suicide? No. Each and every individual has a thought process which steers them. Unfortunately, some look for and pursue, at least to them, what they think is the best resolution. Everyone is affected in different manners. The past and present environment direct people into the choice(s) they make or even consider. Some just can't cope with what they see their future holds, or doesn't. I can't imagine making a decision like that. I feel bad for those that do.

6. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

/\/\/\ Sucks what you are going through. So glad to have met you and FLAJUNKIE. We all hit it off so well. Here for ya and you know I pray for life to get better for you my friend.

7. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

One of my friend's son committed suicide at age 16, over a girl. It was right in their backyard. I don't think that some of these kids think it through. That all will end. His parents got rid of the house, packed up and moved to
    Kingman Arizona. They run an Italian restaurant there.

8. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The 19yr old daughter of a very good friend and also distant relative of my parents committed suicide many years ago. On the outside, she had everything going for her, young, beautiful, very smart and yet she must have had demons inside her she could no longer live with. That was and is truly unfortunate and I still think about her now.

9. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Really appreciate your concern and thoughtfulness.

10. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

Yeah I can't imagine going through all of that. Prayers and well wishes....