Suicide

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ULTM8Z, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Joekool

Joekool Veteran Member

If you're referring to hell, what makes you think the people that commit suicide aren't already living in a personal hell? Maybe they think things couldn't get any worse...

Try talking to those that have tried, and almost were successful at committing suicide, you'd probably have your eyes opened greatly.

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Nowhere?? In the dirt?

3. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Veteran Member

People hate me when I say this but I am totally cool with suicide. Keep it neat and don't do anything that will waste a lot of people's time (like cause a traffic jam or police search etc) and have at it. I will probably do it someday. It is our journey and we can get off the bus any time we want.

4. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Wow^even tho I hate things sometimes and feel out of control I will dig deep take a step back and concentrate on the things I love. I'm sorry you feel that way. It is a journey. Make the best of it.

Smokey15 likes this.
  5. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

We need some mental health education, starting somewhere in our school systems. Most people will never understand what is going through someones mind, i know i never will understand it, but i can think of two recent incidents in my area with teenage kids where they ended things. Shouldnt have happened.

6. 70rs00z28

70rs00z28 Veteran Member

2-1/2 years ago my step son committed suicide. It has been very challenging for my wife and I, more her as she raised him and I only came into the picture 4 years before this happened but I still loved and cared for him as if he was my own. My wife decided to pull herself up and start talking about something that everyone always seems so scared to talk about. She created the Paul Taggert Foundation for Suicide awareness and aftercare. She recently worked with a local mental health community and brought in specific training for the counselors of our school system so that they might be able to better identify the signs and symptoms. She also brought in the producer/director of a movie called "The S word" She has even extended her help and care onto the reservation in Niobrara, NE (Santee Sioux) with hopes to expand the program into all of South Dakota's reservations. Eventually she would like to be a nationwide helper and caregiver but everyone needs to start somewhere.

7. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

Takes courage to say that! I don't totally agree but I'm not to judge

8. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

The biggest problem I have with this subject is it get's attention when some half-baked celebrity offs themselves.

Where is the concern for the 23 Veterans that kill themselves Every Day?

70rs00z28 and Knuckle Dragger like this.
  9. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I wish I didn't have to like that post. Bring our boys and girls home and try to pretend they don't have residual affects from the trauma. :screwup: Psychological counseling should be mandatory when returning from a tour. Not overworked VA docs or slightly qualified volunteers. Trained medical staff held accountable to results are what we should demand for our veterans. Combat veterans should get precedence over the local "heroes" that never left the states.

Dave Nelson, John Wright and carr911 like this.
  10. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

Amen to car911 and Dave...