Summit to “easy” to return

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by badazz81z28, Oct 10, 2019.

1. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

7ECFDEDC-A564-4E74-A80C-19AD35B04D38.jpeg Bought some new brake pads from Summit to find out AGAIN I get someone’s old crap. I get it, you order a part and it’s the wrong one, but once you open it and install it, you own it! This has been a new trend with summit racing. It’s like I’m buying from a private party on EBay!

Attached Files:

2. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

They should send you out new inspected unused parts right away!!! I would think with pictures like that they wouldn't even want it back-I hope they aren't trying to stick you with that!!!Its bad enough they delay your project,they should IMMEDIATELY send out correct inspected parts and maybe throw you gift cert or at least a shirt to wear while doing oil changes LOL!.
    I hate buying parts unseen,even then its a crap shoot,I "looked" at pads at an unnamed parts store,the pads they brought up looked "cheap" for raybestos,asked to see another box and sure enough someone had done a switcheroo and put 9 dollar new pads in the premium raybestos box!! don't know if it happened there or they returned them-Too many scammers out there.
    I too seem to get the brunt of their foolishness-sadly I trust little anymore-Later Steve!!

3. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Yep annoying as all hell. I’ve gotten my guys Into the habit oh opening boxes and inspecting parts to make sure they are new and undamaged before handing them to the customer for taking them out of the store for delivery. Nothing embarrasses me or pisses me off more then when I have a Shop call me back 20 minutes later to tell me they got a used set of brake pads or core starter in the box. One time just a few years ago we opened up a “brand new” Fuel pump off the shelf and stuffed inside was a wad of plastic wrap a rock and about 1/3 of a bottle of Gatorade. By My count At least eight people had their hands on this box including two at my own store and nobody realized the damn thing was sloshing at least eight people had their hands on this box including two at my own store and nobody realized the damn thing was sloshing around in the box.

4. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I got a used tool from Amazon once. Annoying but i used it anyway. Obviously someone "borrowed" it, which is unethical to me.

5. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

I cannot believe Summit would not take them back after you would talk with them, I have always had great customer service with them, not so much with Jeg's. As for Amazon I give them AAA+ customer service from me anyway.

6. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

Summit has a Return Label on the back of every invoice - send it back!

7. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

This would make me crazy, especially for a well timed weekend auto project. I had to do calipers, pads and hoses on my Monte last weekend, for PA inspection that i had an appointment for on Tuesday. I really need to remember these cars are not easy to get parts for at the parts stores anymore. I got the pads and hoses at rockauto, and wanting nothing to do with shipping cores back to RA, i went to napa for calipers. Took 4 days. got them Sat AM. Then realized i fat fingered purchasing hoses for drum brakes at RA. Luckily, 1 Pep boys store, not too crazy far from me had 2 hoses. lotsa dust on those boxes, lol.
    i would have been pissed if RA sent me some used, already tried out pads.

8. QUAKE_WARS

QUAKE_WARS Veteran Member

No portion may be used with or without permission
    This is not new with summit or jegs. I have returned so many used items back to them. INCLUDING TRANSMISSIONS 4 times in a row.Someone used them, bolted up to engines and all.

9. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I had the same thing happen a few months ago !!! , Ordered a set of Crane "Gold" racing roller rockers . When I opened the box I could immediately tell they were definitely used

All the pushrod cups had a definitely wear pattern on them

10. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

It's not just auto parts. My sister worked at Walmart for years. When you opened a returned item very rarely was it what it was supposed to be.