Summit to “easy” to return

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by badazz81z28, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Not just a car parts problem. My girlfriend has received several used items from Amazon as well.

These types of things are a large reason I don't do too much online ordering these days. Counterfeit items and unscrupulous sellers. I use ebay here and there, but primarily for vintage car parts and as long as your staying away from Warner Robbins, I've not had too many problems, but in my opinion Amazon houses all kinds of scam artists. I've seen several companies who's warranties specifically state they will not be honored if the item was purchased on Amazon.

In the case of Summit, That should not happen and you'd think they should know better by now. They should have someone inspecting everything as it comes in the return door, that way they'd know who was pulling the scam. I'd bet they got taken on this by the original purchaser.

--

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Yeah they are going back, but now I wait for new ones.....

3. Jimmac

Jimmac Veteran Member

I bought a set of spark plugs at the auto parts store, as I was talking with the counter guy, I opened one up and it was used, turned out the whole box was used. jim

4. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I can't see why people order small generic car parts and deal with problems like that. I buy my parts at a local shop where I get to see what I bought BEFORE I take it home. Either change the way you do business or enjoy the frustration of ordering, waiting, returning, and all the other fun.
    It's why we have Auto Parts stores.

5. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

convenience ...look..click..click...BOOM..at the door in 2 days. 20% chance of wrong or bad part.....weigh out the odds.

dcozzi and QUAKE_WARS like this.
  6. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I like the convenience of local stores. Drive a mile and get the right part, right now. No waiting 2 days and if the part is wrong, I can return it in a few minutes, get the right one, and still have it fixed and running in an hour or so, rather than waiting days or weeks.
    Downtime on my vehicles is hours, not days or weeks waiting for parts.

gramps likes this.
  7. badazz81z28

That just sounds great! Only one problem....stores don’t carry inventory anymore!! Trust me, I’m an instant gratification type of person. I’m not gonna wait if I don’t have too. More times then not, stores just don’t have what I need. I can’t even get a darn bolt anymore!

My last few items..Baer specific brake pads, ARP wheel studs, Russell Speed Bleeders, Brake hose, banjo bolts....NONE of it available at a local store.

8. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Haha, same way . Got what I need ... great later. I’ll support local business whenever I can to keep around for connivence but they add to the cost and ya I’m looking for best deal also and it’s not at the parts store

9. badazz81z28

No joke! I bought a stud installer for $15 on eBay, new free shipping. It was $40 at Autozone…..

10. QUAKE_WARS

QUAKE_WARS Veteran Member

No portion may be used with or without permission
    So freaking true!