Survivor 1973 Camaro Type LT RS Z28

Discussion in 'Camaros for Sale' started by bka80s, Nov 9, 2019.

1. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

That's a nice car but a survivor?

2. bka80s

bka80s New Member

Your post is one of the reasons I put this out for discussion. That’s a good question.

My thoughts were that it was more of a survivor car than anything else. It’s still in original condition, has not been restored and could easily be taken back to 100% (or close to it) original condition.

The car actually looks much better in person. The body and original paint are close to perfect.

What’s the best description for a survivor? Is it always 100% original, untouched? For example, this car still has the original windshield wipers installed.

How would you describe the car?

I’m truly asking your opinion. I appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

1970BCRS likes this.
  3. flht99b

flht99b Veteran Member

Mild resto-mod with original paint. If everything is available to put it back to stock and that was done, then it is an original survivor and probably have the highest value.

4. bka80s

bka80s New Member

I thought about describing it as a resto-mod, but the car has never been restored, so it seemed like that didn’t quite fit.

5. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

Trim Tag has been removed from car and installed with the incorrect rivets, Cowl is painted the wrong color. I think this car has been changed more than you think. That said it is a very nice car.

6. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

No body color paint on the cowl ever. Your car has incorrect pop rivets and the screws did not get used until sometime in April 73.

7. bka80s

bka80s New Member

Thanks. I just went back and looked at some high res photos of the data plate and you can see black paint under the tag and black paint residue in the lower creases of the tag itself.

Thanks for the info. I questioned that cowl also.

8. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

The trim tag will have the red oxide under it, the tag was installed before the black paint and before body color.

9. bka80s

bka80s New Member

Appreciate the info coming in. I want to be sure the car is described as precisely as possible.

All things considered, I believe this is a excellent example of an LT with RS and Z28 options that will make it desirable. She has a lot of positives, and could be brought back to near stock.

She does run and sound incredible with that ZZ572 in her though.

10. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

It is a great car, would be nice to verify it has the matching hidden vin numbers on the firewall behind the heater motor but that is some work to expose it. I always question a car that has had the Trim Tag removed.