Switched to non-ethanol gas...fouled every plugn

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by 450bench, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Ethanol mixed gas is a leaner mixture than regular because of the alcohol , Plus there is different mixtures during the year like summer gas and winter gas. Depending on the emissions in your area.

2. 450bench

450bench Veteran Member

I run comp cams cast aluminum roller rockers. They are the quietest I’ve ever run and I like them for street strip cars.
    My valve springs are unique. I had a set of solid roller springs laying around and took the inner springs out and just run the outer springs.
    They are 115/310 set up at 1.880 so they’re perfect.
    If I had to buy any I’d just get whatever spring Lunati recommends.

Greg Mc likes this.
  3. 76z28

76z28 Veteran Member

It is probably a bad batch... I have been having issues with my car pinging LIKE CRAZY. I had to reduce timing by 6 degrees...

4. secondgenaddict

secondgenaddict Veteran Member

If GASOLINE has ethanol in it YOU HAVE TO BURN MORE to get the same power...
    So if you have a good plug reading with ETHANOL LACED GASOLINE then you need to lean your mixture going to NON ETHANOL GASOLINE.
    The guys who run E85 tuned turbo'd vettes tell me the amount burned is SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER THAN E10.
    FWIW when I switched from pump 93 to Sunoco 110 in my LT1 I had to significantly change the carb settings.

hubedobeedo likes this.