Tanks Inc. does not stand behind their products

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by yellowkeebler, Jun 17, 2019.

1. yellowkeebler

yellowkeebler New Member

I purchased a EFI fuel system from Tanks Inc and before the LS swap into a 2nd gen camaro was complete the fuel pump went bad. Tanks Inc refuses to stand behind their product and I would NOT recommend this company at all. Customer service guy Chris was less than helpful and would not work with me to get my project finished.

STAY AWAY FROM TANKS Inc.!!!!!

72BIGBLOCK likes this.
  2. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

How long have you had the parts? Some manufactures only offer a certain amount of time for warranties

carr911 likes this.
  3. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Had the same issue with Wilwood. Never do I suggest or even think about using their brakes again.

They make so much money off this stuff, their cost for a pump is not worth the bad customer service.

4. dale68z

dale68z Veteran Member

Wilwood has been awesome to me.

5. 75Maro

75Maro Veteran Member

I see post's like this and I can't help but think, how many customers had good experiences with tanks and just never took the time to post about it on a forum.
    Not saying that you haven't received bad service just makes me wonder.
    I myself had terrible customer service from a hot rod shop in the Dallas TX area and I posted about just as you did.
    In the end I hope you get your replacement parts cause the customer is always right ;)

6. Goat

Goat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That is why I always single out companies who go out of their way to do right - and there are many of them, because people only remember the bad reviews.

Peck and John Wright like this.
  7. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I think some people forget...no issues and you don’t hear a thing. You don’t get credit for that...you get credit when there is a problem and you as the company handle the issue. By far, any issue I have had with a part, Summit Racing knocks it out if the park. Wilwood on the other hand. I have a brake MC on my car for a day! You what they tell me? “We don’t warranty performance parts”....

EVILFACE and dave@ztech like this.
  8. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Isn't that what they sell? lol

9. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

I second that ! They don’t stand behind their product.

I had a similar issue with their tank it has a very small pinhole and they wouldn’t do anything about it because I was 2 months past the year warranty

Tanks inc sucks !!

10. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I "sort of" feel for some of these companies because it takes some of us(me) years to get our cars to a point where we can use the parts that we bought. By this time, a lot of time has passed and the company may feel like it isn't their problem any longer to warranty a product that they sold years ago. So far, I haven't had any issues like the OP or others have had with companies not standing behind their items. I guess I have been fortunate in that regard. Like others have stated, good customer service doesn't get enough publicity. I'm hoping the OP can get some help with replacement of his fuel pump.