Tesla pickup roflmmfao

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by bourbon_scotch, Nov 22, 2019.

1. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

In the "there's a sucker born every minute" category...

Tesla has already received 150,000 deposits for this abortion.

If, and I repeat, if, I was interested in an electric truck... I'd be looking at the Ford or GM electric truck that will most likely actually be available for sale in 2021 (when has Musk ever delivered a product on time?). Yes, I said it, I would buy an electric Ford F150 before the Tesla pickup.

2. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

We get Champ, we get it...

Of course, the stock was at $353 before the drop, which was up $100+ from just a month or two ago, keeping in mind that total loss is actually $0 until the stock sale is made, but yeah...

3. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

4. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

I'm sure Elon expected the stock to bounce up after the reveal. Didn't happen. I agree that stock can go up and down. Tesla stock is extremely volatile - but when an expected bounce turns into an epic fail....

Tesla's 52 week high is $379.49, so the stock is down $46.00. For Musk - that's a $1,682,000,000 loss from the 52 week high.

These are your own word's from this thread:

Although 150,000 of the true Tesla faithful have put deposits down on this "disaster", I don't think it bodes well for the future of Tesla. Especially when Musk is claiming a $39,900 starting price for the 2021 delivery and I think even you will admit he won't deliver.

5. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

76747418_10162783403760078_2435690638054785024_o.jpg
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    xten, roadrace2, MoarThrottle and 2 others like this.
  6. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Should there arise a break through in the sodium-ion battery to replace the lithium-ion battery, I expect we could see a viable electric vehicle market. Charging rates, range of discharge /deep cycles and stability of the battery banks are holding this market back.
    EDIT
    The battery I was thinking about was the solid state glass battery, not the sodium-ion

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  7. MoarThrottle

MoarThrottle Veteran Member

Wheels within wheels man. The Musk-man is playing chess while these guys are playing checkers. He lowers his net wealth while moving forward with a truck platform, meanwhile any punitive damages will have to be much less due to having much less money. Once the trial is over, he performs a few marketing stunts the stock recovers and he's as rich as he ever was. :D

8. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

You do realize that Musk is worth about $20,000,000,000, don't you? A billion dollar stock loss will not change whatever award is made to Vernon Unsworth.

If, and I repeat if, Musk did this on purpose to lower his net worth, the SEC would nail him for FRAUD and Musk would be out of Tesla altogether.

Just who is playing chess while you are playing checkers?

9. MoarThrottle

MoarThrottle Veteran Member

I guess things said in jest are hard to figure out eh....

You seem overly attached to this issue. Since you're deciding to go there, lets break down your commentary.
    Elon Musk's personal fortune is $20,000,000,000 you say. Hmm lets examine that. Now i'm not super wealthy, but even the layman has more in assets than cash on hand. Its probably the same with a billionaire that owns multiple companies, but i'm not a billionaire so it could be different at that level. Forbes says his fortune is worth 23,600,000,000. So your wrong right off the bat about his fortune. Looks like he PERSONALLY doesn't actually have 23 billion dollars. Its the valuation given to his companies and applied to him. Not his actual personal money...wow. How about that? AMAZING!!! Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-elon-musk-net-worth-2017-10

Then you opine about the Vernon Unsworth case. Which hasn't gone to trial yet. If it goes to trial at all... If anything he'll be awarded a few million. If Elon doesn't keep it tied up until Mr. Unsworth is bankrupt that is. Any judgment against Musk will only be based off of his PERSONAL wealth, not the aggregate value of his various companies. And he can personally declare bankruptcy if needed and move assets around as the rich do. Panama Papers anyone?

The SEC nailing Musk...huh about that...https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/18/18271914/sec-elon-musk-contempt-twitter-court-fraud
    Looks like he's been investigated, found guilty, settled that charge and is being investigated again...

I'm not sure why you think i'm involved in Mr. Musk's life and why i would "playing checkers". Im not even involved lol. Some people unfortunately cannot read between the lines or intuitively grasp ideas. People like you Champ.

So please little man. Go sit at the card table while the adults talk.

Shizzle likes this.
  10. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

MT

I used round numbers on net worth. I would have thought that would have been understood, but evidently not.

Court proceedings for the Musk defamation suit has already started. Musk attempted to have the case thrown out, but lost. The judge has ordered Musk to appear in person. The jury trial starts on Tuesday, December 3rd.

Musk personally owns 38.6 million shares of Tesla stock. That is PERSONAL WEALTH that is fully available for settling any lawsuit. The court can order him to liquidate his stock.

Unsworth and his lawyer will split the award as the case is on a contingency basis.

As to the SEC - yes - Musk has been busted before and is being investigated again. But adding an "intentional" action to LOWER the stock price (your theory) to the mix would be such an egregious issue that they would have no alternative but to force him out of Tesla.

I could offer up some personal insults like you did, but that wouldn't be an adult thing to do...

Shizzle likes this.