TH350 Rebuild Online: Free DIY Post

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by jakeshoe, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Corsa65

Corsa65 New Member

May 18, 2006
    3 to 1 ratio hmmm? What a pain.
    I think I am going to wish that I had another TH350C core as the one I have has the intermediate clutch wave washer in about 4 pieces. This (of course) caused the intermediate clutch piston to cock sideways and break, and the wave washer pieces then proceded to gouge the case a tad bit. :whine:

I do have another piston and wave washer but need to decide if I want to use this case......POOH!

2. chevyz28

chevyz28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jake..you absolutely rock! I have a book or 2 on the TH350...but laymen's terms and personal tips and tricks are hard to beat. Thanks!

I'm impatiently waiting for the rest of the story...

3. 80ZGuy

80ZGuy Veteran Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Timmins,Ontario,Canada
    Jakeshoe:

The direct drum bushing that should be replaced with the wide one is what part number? The TH-350 Rebuild book by Ron Sessions indicates Clevite 01647, or Lempco 6015. The book also lists GM 8622955 which they state is better because it is grooved. Then they even list the Ford part number B5AZ-7B260-A. All this is on Page 240...just wondering which one I should use as my B&M TransKit didn't come with this bushing.

Thanks very much for taking the time to enlighten the rest of us!!!

Kyle

4. jakeshoe

jakeshoe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 8, 2000
    Republic of Texas
    PN will vary by supplier but any trans supplier will know exactly what you are requesting when you ask.

5. siberbunak

siberbunak Veteran Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Istanbul TÜRKİYE
    What is the easiest and effective way to pull out the stubborn low/reverse piston ?

I apply compressed air to its inlet at the rear end of the valve body, it pops a little but not completely and moves no further.

6. siberbunak

siberbunak Veteran Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Istanbul TÜRKİYE
    Side note : Man you know what you are doin' thanks and congrats.

7. jakeshoe

jakeshoe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dec 8, 2000
    Republic of Texas
    Turn the case upside down and use air. Be sure the parking pawl is out of the way.

8. fireduck350

fireduck350 New Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Rock Hill, SC
    Very nice post on a TH350 Rebuild. They are definitely durable transmissions.

9. 1bd75

1bd75 New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Mooresville IN USA
    Can you show a pic of what passage that needs blocked near the pump to prevent backffed of oil when you delete the lip seal in the drum on the direct clutch pack. I put a TCI full manual valve body in my tranny and it said to delete this lip seal but made no mention of blocking a passage in the case. I been having a very weird screetch/howl noise when I goose it in third and let off quickly just just thinking that maybe the low clutches are apply?

10. camertom

camertom Veteran Member

I do hope this excellent post can be found again this fall. This is so good I want run out, find a 2nd trans and dive in! Thanks Jakeshoe!